Question Fan curve for Ryzen 7 3700x

Blavikn

Prominent
Oct 30, 2021
What is a good fan curve for a Ryzen 7 3700x

Also I have a CPU_FAN and CPU_OPT on the motherboard but the FAN is connected to the pump. Will changing the curve of that affect the pump?

Should do cpu fan and case fans have the same curve?

Lutfij

Titan
What cooler are you working with for your platform? There's no point in tinkering with fan curves if you're on a stock cooler or on an 120mm radiator AIO. You're advised to get a 240mm AIO at the very least or a high end air cooler to keep things cool and that's when you tinker around with fan curves since you have the cooling headroom.

You will need to specify the specs to your build to avoid us making assumptions. Please list the specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

What is a good fan curve for a Ryzen 7 3700x

Also I have a CPU_FAN and CPU_OPT on the motherboard but the FAN is connected to the pump. Will changing the curve of that affect the pump?

Should do cpu fan and case fans have the same curve?
If you're using an AIO, connecting the pump to the motherboard is solely just to make the motherboard happy that a "CPU fan" is connected (well okay, it's also to give you peace of mind that the pump is working since it's reporting its RPM). Some motherboards will yell at you if it doesn't detect a CPU fan.

Blavikn

Prominent
Oct 30, 2021
What cooler are you working with for your platform? There's no point in tinkering with fan curves if you're on a stock cooler or on an 120mm radiator AIO. You're advised to get a 240mm AIO at the very least or a high end air cooler to keep things cool and that's when you tinker around with fan curves since you have the cooling headroom.

You will need to specify the specs to your build to avoid us making assumptions. Please list the specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x
RAM: 16GB
SSD/HDD: Western Digital Blue SN550 1TB M.2 2280 NVME
GPU: RTX3070TI
PSU: Corsair TXM Gold 750W Semi modular
Chassis: Phanteks Eclipse P360A

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x
RAM: 16GB
SSD/HDD: Western Digital Blue SN550 1TB M.2 2280 NVME
GPU: RTX3070TI
PSU: Corsair TXM Gold 750W Semi modular
Chassis: Phanteks Eclipse P360A
Still don't see which cooler. Most simple AIO coolers require pump to run at full speed all the time. Most new MBs have a connector for AIO pump that is not speed adjustable just for coolers like that.

Blavikn

Prominent
Oct 30, 2021
Still don't see which cooler. Most simple AIO coolers require pump to run at full speed all the time. Most new MBs have a connector for AIO pump that is not speed adjustable just for coolers like that.
My bad, it's a H60 Corsair Liquid Cooler.

Sorry for the noob questions, this is my first PC.