Question Fan curves on AIO for 3900x help

eb123

Reputable
May 3, 2015
Hey everyone,

First of all, I hope you're all having a fun and safe holiday season. Now to the point of this post. As the subject heading indicates, I am looking for some help regarding the fan curves on the AIO unit I'm using to cool the 3900x. Does anyone have experience with setting up the fan curves for an AIO unit on a 3900x? In that case, which temps do you tend to look at as I've heard that the CPU temps tend to differ from those of the cooling fluid itself which may influence the way one sets up the fan curves? If you are running an AIO cooling unit with a 3900x, would you be able to share the fan curves with me? Any other advice would be appreciated as well!

Ps: I'm using the Deepcool Castle 280mm AIO.

Hey everyone,

First of all, I hope you're all having a fun and safe holiday season. Now to the point of this post. As the subject heading indicates, I am looking for some help regarding the fan curves on the AIO unit I'm using to cool the 3900x. Does anyone have experience with setting up the fan curves for an AIO unit on a 3900x? In that case, which temps do you tend to look at as I've heard that the CPU temps tend to differ from those of the cooling fluid itself which may influence the way one sets up the fan curves? If you are running an AIO cooling unit with a 3900x, would you be able to share the fan curves with me? Any other advice would be appreciated as well!

Ps: I'm using the Deepcool Castle 280mm AIO.
I always set max rpm to 75c and straight line from minimum CPU temps and RPM.

So that would be a straight line on an incline from lets say 30C to 75C? Also what type of cooler/setup do you have for comparison reasons?
I have Cooler Master Nepton 140XL, single radiator but double thickness with push-pull 140mm fans set as intake in the front of the case. With PBO on it never reaches 70c and when OC-ed to 4.3GHz up to 72c.

GarrettL

Prominent
Dec 4, 2019
I have Cooler Master Nepton 140XL, single radiator but double thickness with push-pull 140mm fans set as intake in the front of the case. With PBO on it never reaches 70c and when OC-ed to 4.3GHz up to 72c.
Really good temps with that cpu and aio. I have a 3800x and a Corsair H60 that keeps it under 74C under load.

You are good to go!

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS