[SOLVED] Fan doesn't spin.Only if flick it with my finger

Jul 12, 2021
When I boot my PC there is always 1 fan that doesn't spin, but it starts spinning if I flick it with my finger.
Why doesn't it start on boot?

PSU: 650w msi
CPU: ryzen 5 3600
MOBO: B550 Tomahawk
Phanteks Case
RAM : 16GB TFORCE 3600MHZ
GPU: GT 710 2gb

Solution
IF you have your fans connected to mobo fan headers and IF you have the mobo set to use its normal default fan management systems, this almost never happens. The NORMAL sequence at boot time is the headers always start every fan at full speed to be SURE they do start. Then after a few seconds they all will slow down to what is required according to the temperatures measured - often to a minimum speed setting on a system that is cool from being off.

So, two possibilities.

1. Somewhere you have a minimum speed setting that is too low. IF that's the case, what you should see is that they all DO start at max speed, then slow down and maybe stall. If that's what you see, look for a place in BIOS Setup to increase the min speed setting. If...

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
IF you have your fans connected to mobo fan headers and IF you have the mobo set to use its normal default fan management systems, this almost never happens. The NORMAL sequence at boot time is the headers always start every fan at full speed to be SURE they do start. Then after a few seconds they all will slow down to what is required according to the temperatures measured - often to a minimum speed setting on a system that is cool from being off.

So, two possibilities.

1. Somewhere you have a minimum speed setting that is too low. IF that's the case, what you should see is that they all DO start at max speed, then slow down and maybe stall. If that's what you see, look for a place in BIOS Setup to increase the min speed setting. If you need hints for doing that, post back here.

2. IF you are NOT using the mobo headers AND its default settings, post what you really are doing. Also tell us what mobo - maker and model - and what fans. We can advise with that info.

Solution