[SOLVED] Fan Filter Sizing

Dhiren Sajjan

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2014
I'm looking to upgrade my fans at the end of the year, and getting a set of fan filters to help filter that intake.

I currently run an H500P (yes, that one) and I'm looking to filter the intake more effectively, but I'm not sure where to start buying filters.

A quick search on <online shopping platforms> shows a variety of aperture sizes (ranging from 0.5mm to 1mm) and a lot of other jargon.

What should I be looking for, as a consumer, to have the best balance of filtering out dog fur and smaller bits of dust, while maintaining decent airflow to cool my components?

Solution
The fan filters on the front and top of the case are double mesh, and the bottom filter under your psu is a single mesh. IMHO if you want to increase air flow go with a single mesh for front and top and the bottom filter is already single mesh. Aperture means how wide the holes are. Anything from 0.8 down will work fine for airflow and filter dust.
The fan filters on the front and top of the case are double mesh, and the bottom filter under your psu is a single mesh. IMHO if you want to increase air flow go with a single mesh for front and top and the bottom filter is already single mesh. Aperture means how wide the holes are. Anything from 0.8 down will work fine for airflow and filter dust.

Solution
What is wrong with your current fans that you think you want to upgrade them?

If you do not like RGB, I can understand that.

If you need more airflow, because you have a cpu or gpu overheating problem, I can understand that.

If your parts are getting dusty, I suppose you could filter finer, but at the cost of airflow.
Simpler to inspect your filters more often and clean them.

TRENDING THREADS