G

I'am one of those poor guys that still has a slot-1 P3 500mhz processor fan that is getting louder by the day. In Sweden where Iam from there aren't allot of quiet cooling solutions for slot-1 processors. So I had the briliant idea to take the fan from a AMD Socket A Radial Fin Cooler( see this link http://www.quietpc.com/cpucooling.php) that has the same mesurments as my old fan and simply attach it to the old heatsink. The old fan is 1,8w, but I don't know the electric specs for the Athlon cooler. I hurd horror stories of guy that have burned their motherbords with energy demanding fans. So if anybody does knows the Ampere figure or W on the wan I would be werry happy dude=) Feel free to allso comment on my idea in general...

CALV

Distinguished
May 17, 2001
How about plugging the fan into the 4 pin molex connector (the ones that plug into cd drives etc).

Next time you wave - use all your fingers

G

Sounds good, but I'am not a electrician:=) How would I go about it?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
IN the U.S. you can buy 3 to 4 pin adapters. But if you cannot find them locally, you can use a y connector, cut the yellow and black wires, and twist them on to your red and black wires from the fan.

Cast not thine pearls before the swine