[SOLVED] Fan header names?

Jul 8, 2019
I have been searching for the name to the fan headers on my Dell precision T3610, they are very flat looking. I swapped out my quadro k4000 for an HD 7870, and now need more airflow which means I will have to add an exaust fan. Could someone here point me in the right direction?

Jul 8, 2019
I realize my only options are finding either an internal USB fan or a fan with the proper connector.

Ravz, I will send a pic of the motherboards connector in a few minutes.

Yeah it's really hard to see the picture, but if you say so then I must have to agree with your statement.
To be fair, I looked again - and the fan header number 19 looks different from CPU fan header with the number 10, which is the one I was referring to.

I deleted my reply, as I can't se number 19 clearly, although I must admit it looks like a 4-pin, like your are saying ;)

Reactions: Ravz

Ravz

Prominent
Jan 28, 2020
To be fair, I looked again - and the fan header number 19 looks different from CPU fan header with the number 10, which is the one I was referring to.

I deleted my reply, as I can't se number 19 clearly, although I must admit it looks like a 4-pin, like your are saying ;)
Lol you're cheeky :D

Lol you're cheeky :D
I was hoping to delete it before anyone saw it, since I'm clearly wrong. But you were quick, so I had to mention I deleted it and why, otherwise it wouldn't look too good on my part :p

But this means that I would also suggest that OP takes a second look at all the fan headers and see if it is only the CPU-fan header that is 5-pin, and the rest are 3 or 4-pin, before buying too many adaptors

It does depend on who is selling and which PC you are buying parts for. I have a T5500 that has compatibility issues with everything.
I have probably over 2-3 dozen Dell products ranging from laptops to servers and every level of desktop in between and spare parts are cheap and easy to find--even for things that are over 10 years old.

Compatibility is a different issue. These are generally semi-standard PCs, depending on what you have. But there's always some proprietary parts, and I haven't found that a bad thing when they're this cheap and reliable. HSF that runs a i7 95w processor vs the stock 65w for $8 shipped--yes please.

Reactions: Gang Sabre

TRENDING THREADS