[SOLVED] fan header question

rodz3323

Reputable
Mar 10, 2020
if a fan header on the mainbored burnt out would it still run the fans at their slowest speed or would it simply not work

when i built my system i configured all my fan setting in bios and confirmed all rammed up and down with pwm controls

i have a total of 8 120mm fans though my system connected to different fan headers all ramp up and down with temps except recently i noticed my 3 120mm intake and rear exhaust do not change speed regardless of bios setting . they are all connected with a sata powered hub so should be fine to run that off one header

Lutfij

Titan
If the header did burn out, the circuitry around it would've been burnt, in the literal sense and it wouldn't operate some fans. Were you working with a fan hub or did you split all fans off one header? The latter is a no no, the former is what you're advised to do/get.

they are all connected with a sata powered hub so should be fine to run that off one header
Make and model of your hub, your motherboard and the BIOS version for said motherboard.

rodz3323

Reputable
Mar 10, 2020
If the header did burn out, the circuitry around it would've been burnt, in the literal sense and it wouldn't operate some fans. Were you working with a fan hub or did you split all fans off one header? The latter is a no no, the former is what you're advised to do/get.

they are all connected with a sata powered hub so should be fine to run that off one header
Make and model of your hub, your motherboard and the BIOS version for said motherboard.
its a b450 motor max bios Version 7B89v28 . i was questioning updating that a while back but decided wasn't worth the risk or need fr it
only reason i noticed anything wrong is its getting hot here so wanted up the fan curve
https://www.scorptec.com.au/product...DBhWZDisZWjs9Xpx2dTH7t3km7zjwgXBoCIosQAvD_BwE
that's the hub and fans i am using but they came with the case and was 4 of them .

they are mean to hit 1200rpm according to hwinfo they are stay at 800rpm