Question Fan Hub

wm3797

Reputable
Apr 7, 2020
Im using the Noctua NA-FH1 fan hub, I connected a back BeQuiet Pure Wings 2 120mm DC fan to FAN 1 Slot, as instructed, also connected the fan hub with the package-included NA-EC1 4pin PWM input cable to it and, in turn, to a motherboard CHASIS FAN HEADER. The other chasis fan header is for the front intake DC fan. I have also connected a SATA from the power supply to the fan hub. However, I can not control this back DC fan's speed, not even in BIOS, no matter the setting. There's no other fans in the case. Can you please tell me what is going on ?

ASUS PRIME Z390P
i7-9700K

I can not control this back DC fan's speed...Can you please tell me what is going on ?
if the BIOS has the option to select DC mode for this header then you can directly control the fan alone when connected to this header.
but not through a 4pin PWM hub.

DC mode & PWM mode use a different method of control, so they cannot be combined this way.

if they are new, you'd be better off returning the 3pin DC fans and getting 4pin PWM versions.

triplex1

Upstanding
Jun 2, 2024
Im using the Noctua NA-FH1 fan hub, I connected a back BeQuiet Pure Wings 2 120mm DC fan to FAN 1 Slot, as instructed, also connected the fan hub with the package-included NA-EC1 4pin PWM input cable to it and, in turn, to a motherboard CHASIS FAN HEADER. The other chasis fan header is for the front intake DC fan. I have also connected a SATA from the power supply to the fan hub. However, I can not control this back DC fan's speed, not even in BIOS, no matter the setting. There's no other fans in the case. Can you please tell me what is going on ?

ASUS PRIME Z390P
i7-9700K
when you connect fan hb like this or arctic 1-10 or thermaltake 1-10 first you put cpu hub in his position (it could be a different color or refer to you ''cpu'') , the others fan , the one cable (you have in package with hub) to cpu of motherboard and the sata cable.
all speeds are regulated by cpu , i have one Arctic 1-10 and I have set from bios to performance
Only PWM