[SOLVED] Fan installation question

rezaka16

Prominent
Dec 10, 2020
Hey, so basically I'm a bit concerned. I've watched multiple youtube videos and my problem is that I want to put an extra fan at the back of my case, but It looks like the four entrances where you use the screwdriver to screw the fan in are a different shape than any fan I've seen. Let me show you a picture.

https://www.upload.ee/image/12803977/yes.png

I'm talking about these.

Will a normal 120 mm fan work with these four entrances or?

Solution
Those slots are for any 120mm fan, they have the elongated holes for more support, like screwless fans for example. They just offer more adjustable room so it can line up with the back of your CPU cooler, or allow you to fine tune cables/hoses etc... You will know your fans are screw-less if it came with push clips and no metal screws... and you can literally screw any fan you want into it. Link a picture of your exact fans, and it will allow us to better help you.

Otherwise, if your box says 120mm safe bet they will fit just keep in mind each corner should line up with those 4 slots. My recommendation is to just try to put it in lol, you'll know for sure if they will fit or not then!
It's difficult to tell from the pics what size fan. The weird size of the holes could be for a screwless fan holder to snap in place.

It's probably 120mm but measure the space between the screw holes both vertically and horizontally just to be sure.
If just using screws (no holder), the screws will most likely go in the screw hole area closest to the fan grill.

rezaka16

Prominent
Dec 10, 2020
It's difficult to tell from the pics what size fan. The weird size of the holes could be for a screwless fan holder to snap in place.

It's probably 120mm but measure the space between the screw holes both vertically and horizontally just to be sure.
If just using screws (no holder), the screws will most likely go in the screw hole area closest to the fan grill.
The box of the PC case says that it has 120mm fans.

rezaka16

Prominent
Dec 10, 2020

So I don't quite understand. Where can I get myself a screwless fan holder? Or if it isn't that, are you saying that if I get a regular fan I'll be able to screw it in anyway? Because It doesn't look like it's gonna work.

ZeroDollarBudget

Commendable
Sep 5, 2019
Those slots are for any 120mm fan, they have the elongated holes for more support, like screwless fans for example. They just offer more adjustable room so it can line up with the back of your CPU cooler, or allow you to fine tune cables/hoses etc... You will know your fans are screw-less if it came with push clips and no metal screws... and you can literally screw any fan you want into it. Link a picture of your exact fans, and it will allow us to better help you.

Otherwise, if your box says 120mm safe bet they will fit just keep in mind each corner should line up with those 4 slots. My recommendation is to just try to put it in lol, you'll know for sure if they will fit or not then!

Solution

rezaka16

Prominent
Dec 10, 2020

Thanks! I haven't really bought any fan yet, looking at one right now, I can link you it to give you a better picture if you want?

Just be sure to actually measure the space before you purchase your fan and it should work fine.

You may as well locate where you'll be plugging in the fan before you purchase it too. You may have a motherboard fan header you can use. Otherwise, you'll need a molex adapter to plug it in to (or daisy chain) an extra 4-pin molex plug.

rezaka16

Prominent
Dec 10, 2020
Just be sure to actually measure the space before you purchase your fan and it should work fine.

You may as well locate where you'll be plugging in the fan before you purchase it too. You may have a motherboard fan header you can use. Otherwise, you'll need a molex adapter to plug it in to (or daisy chain) an extra 4-pin molex plug.
It's gonna be sitting at the back at the case, I don't really know how to install one, I'll have to watch some YT videos.