[SOLVED] Fan intake/exhaust suggestions

Mar 3, 2020
My friend built a new pc and I noticed the case's airflow isn't the best. Its the darkFlash DLM 22 MicroATX Mid Tower Case. It supports 5 fans but the front has really small airflow for intake. I was wondering what are you guys thoughts on front and back intake with top exhausts? If that doesn't help I think I might have to help her poke some holes in the front of the case.

Solution
Same as the others, top/rear exhaust.
What you can try as well is fans optimized for air pressure rather than flow. Those fans are mostly used for liquid coolers.

But practical application first. If your friends setup stands already and there are no temperature issues, no reason to upgrade imho.
D

Deleted member 2720853

I don't get why people go for this sort of cases with a closed front... let the fans breathe.

I would go for more rear exhausts than intakes. Dust buildup will be a problem, but with that sort of case, not much you can do.

Reactions: Herr B
Jun 3, 2020
My friend built a new pc and I noticed the case's airflow isn't the best. Its the darkFlash DLM 22 MicroATX Mid Tower Case. It supports 5 fans but the front has really small airflow for intake. I was wondering what are you guys thoughts on front and back intake with top exhausts? If that doesn't help I think I might have to help her poke some holes in the front of the case.
Like SkyNetRising said, it might be better to just buy a new case. This one: Aerocool SI5200RGB is in the same price range as the one she has with far better airflow.

How is it any better?
It has same obstructed air intake - acryllic front panel completely blocking any airflow. Just small side vents and a small opening at bottom of the front panel.

I agree, the issue is since rgb fans because a big thing there are literally hundreds of these type of cases about, phanteks, cooler master and nzxt amongst them.

Stick a rear and top rear exhaust in and see how it goes is my honest advice, not much more you can do without spending a fair bit of money. Depends on components installed, sometimes those cases are just about enough airflow wise.

Jun 3, 2020
How is it any better?
It has same obstructed air intake - acryllic front panel completely blocking any airflow. Just small side vents and a small opening at bottom of the front panel.
My bad. I thought it had a mesh front panel.
I've just bought a Fractal Meshify-C myself as well as a Corsair Carbide SPEC-4. Both have excellent airflow.

Herr B

Commendable
May 29, 2020
Same as the others, top/rear exhaust.
What you can try as well is fans optimized for air pressure rather than flow. Those fans are mostly used for liquid coolers.

But practical application first. If your friends setup stands already and there are no temperature issues, no reason to upgrade imho.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS