[SOLVED] fan issue

Josh1200524174

Prominent
Jul 20, 2020
so i use a MSI GTX 1060 3gb oc and it runs fine but the fan stays at 100% when i install drivers ,but when i uninstall them they run normal but i obviously want the newer driver What I've tried Reinstall of drivers reseating card fresh win install msi af fan control my motherboard bios flash so far im at a loss

Solution
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Also regarding ""l but i obviously want the newer driver" - agree and that is true for most people.

However, the newer driver may be buggy or corrupted. Perhaps mis-configured - double check everything per the installation instructions.

Could be some change in supported products was made and that is why the fans do not work any more with the newer version.

Try manually downloading the driver again, reinstall, and reconfigure. Any driver problems may have just been quietly fixed in the meantime.

If reinstalling the newer driver does not work, and the old driver works as it should then just use that older version driver until the next version is...

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Also regarding ""l but i obviously want the newer driver" - agree and that is true for most people.

However, the newer driver may be buggy or corrupted. Perhaps mis-configured - double check everything per the installation instructions.

Could be some change in supported products was made and that is why the fans do not work any more with the newer version.

Try manually downloading the driver again, reinstall, and reconfigure. Any driver problems may have just been quietly fixed in the meantime.

If reinstalling the newer driver does not work, and the old driver works as it should then just use that older version driver until the next version is released. You will be able to use your system while keeping an overall eye on things.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS