Fan like noise coming from Hard Drive

Jun 29, 2018
I just built a computer last week and everything was fine, Today I opened the case to see how all the parts were doing. The only part I took out what the CPU fan and replaced the thermal paste because there was barely any on. I plugged everything back in and tested it and heard a loud fan sound, so I checked each fan, gpu and optical drive. None of them were making the noise and it seemed like it was coming from the Hard Drive. I looked it up and happened seen anything that can help me solve my problem. Other videos show the hard drive making a buzzing/beeping sound but the sound that I'm hearing is like if you set your fan to around 60-65% with a quiet scraping sound every 1-2 seconds. Please try to help me

Solution
jaysonmath1, check to see if the noise you hear appears on this list. If indeed the sound is coming fro the HDD backup your information now as the disk can fail at any moment. Keep this in mind:

The conventional wisdom by tech experts on backups is known as the 3-2-1 method. Basically you want:

3 copies of any data you don't want to lose
2 different mediums it's stored on (so 2 different drives in your computer, for example)
1 copy kept offsite, to prevent against disaster.

Best of luck and keep us posted.
jaysonmath1, check to see if the noise you hear appears on this list. If indeed the sound is coming fro the HDD backup your information now as the disk can fail at any moment. Keep this in mind:

The conventional wisdom by tech experts on backups is known as the 3-2-1 method. Basically you want:

3 copies of any data you don't want to lose
2 different mediums it's stored on (so 2 different drives in your computer, for example)
1 copy kept offsite, to prevent against disaster.

Best of luck and keep us posted.

Solution