Question Fan loud when turning on every day, but subsequent turn ons aren't loud

Oct 11, 2020
Hello,

I have a problem with my computer that has been bugging me for a while now. It started about a month ago and has not stopped since.

Every day, when I turn my computer on, one of the fans (I believe it's the CPU fan), becomes extremely loud, and does not stop being loud until I shut the computer off again.
When I turn the computer on again, there is a 50/50 chance of the fan still being loud. Generally, however, by the third shutdown-startup cycle, however, the fan works normally and is quiet, and I can use the computer for the rest of the day without it becoming overly loud.
Strangely enough, however, if I shut it down again later in the day and start it up again, the fan is not loud. It seems that the period for when the fan is loud resets daily though, as this is a daily problem I deal with.

It is annoying to have to shutdown and startup my computer multiple times in the morning. I cleaned the fans by spraying compressed air on the fans but this daily problem still persists. I've been trying to check around the BIOS and play with fan settings but nothing has put an end to this problem.

As such, I would like help identifying the issue from you folks

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS