Question Fan making weird noise

Cra4t1

Reputable
Dec 15, 2015
If I pull on it a little, the noise stops. If I push on it, the noise gets worse. Usually I have something propping it out so it doesn't make the noise but I need something more permanent since the noise comes back after a while.

I assume it's the fan hitting the back of the case but I don't really know what to do, any ideas?

I should also say that the side of the fan I'm pulling on is unscrewed from the case so I could pull on the fan to stop it from making the noise.

sounds like a fan is hitting a wire (I would think it hitting metal would sound more violent).
Are you sure its power cable is not in the way of the fan?
Are all screwed tightened as they should be?

Remove the fan, inspect it and your radiator. is there any damage to either of them? if not then try reinstalling it making sure the power cable for the fan is accounted for.
I would recommend installing it with 4 screws in case its the outside of the fan vibrating on the radiator.

Cra4t1

Reputable
Dec 15, 2015
sounds like a fan is hitting a wire (I would think it hitting metal would sound more violent).
Are you sure its power cable is not in the way of the fan?
Are all screwed tightened as they should be?

Remove the fan, inspect it and your radiator. is there any damage to either of them? if not then try reinstalling it making sure the power cable for the fan is accounted for.
I would recommend installing it with 4 screws in case its the outside of the fan vibrating on the radiator.

I'll try that next time it makes the noise, thanks for the help