Question Fan noise on one AIO fan, but only when it's horizontal ?

bradnyk84

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2011
I'm not that experienced at building computers, but I have an issue with a Deepcool LS720 AIO, which has three fans mounted on the radiator.

One of the three fans makes a buzzing noise, but only when perfectly horizontal (like it would be in a case). I'm guessing it's just defective but thought I'd ask, because it happens only when attached to the radiator. I've isolated it to one particular fan only. Even when I move the cooler outside of the case, that one fan buzzes - but again, only when perfectly horizontal. Rotating the fan even slightly vertical stops the noise. The fan buzzes like this only when attached to the radiator, but I tried it in all three fan positions, same result. Tightening or loosing screws did not help, either.

I'm assuming it's defective, but would rather not RMA it if I can figure it out. I love the cooler otherwise. Any ideas? I suppose I can just swap out the one fan. I doubt it's a radiator problem because it's a single fan only, and happens in any of the three positions. But only exactly horizontal.....

Colif

Win 11 Master

bradnyk84

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2011
have you tried hitting it? that can sometimes help with noisy fans. Its not the perfect solution

its likely the fan is faulty or leaking oil from bearings

jay mentions the types at 11.50

meant to have Fluid Dynamic Bearings - https://www.deepcool.com/products/C...y-Chain-Performance-ARGB-Fan/2021/13582.shtml (they called them hydro bearings)

its possible they would just replace the bad fan - https://www.deepcool.com/support/customersupport/index.shtml

Thanks so much. Yeah, they very possibly will replace the bad fan. Just annoying because that is often slow.

Jan 17, 2023
I'm not that experienced at building computers, but I have an issue with a Deepcool LS720 AIO, which has three fans mounted on the radiator.

One of the three fans makes a buzzing noise, but only when perfectly horizontal (like it would be in a case). I'm guessing it's just defective but thought I'd ask, because it happens only when attached to the radiator. I've isolated it to one particular fan only. Even when I move the cooler outside of the case, that one fan buzzes - but again, only when perfectly horizontal. Rotating the fan even slightly vertical stops the noise. The fan buzzes like this only when attached to the radiator, but I tried it in all three fan positions, same result. Tightening or loosing screws did not help, either.

I'm assuming it's defective, but would rather not RMA it if I can figure it out. I love the cooler otherwise. Any ideas? I suppose I can just swap out the one fan. I doubt it's a radiator problem because it's a single fan only, and happens in any of the three positions. But only exactly horizontal.....
I previously had the Deepcool castle 360ex v2 argb ( no problems and happy about it) and now got the Deepcool LT720.
Well, how was your experience with their support ? here is mine :

So i send them a firts request with the fact that one or more fans are quite noisy and have a buzzing sound.
They asked to test them out, what's ok. But they also ask to send videos of each fan with the noise etc.
As you now you can't add 500mb in attach to a mail and making 3 videos is just a joke.
Anyway, i send a response 5 days later saying that i did test the fans and that 2 fans are buzzing badly. here is them responding to it :

Thank you for your fast response.he
would you please make a video showing two fan noise issue? in your video, please let the fan spin separately, and in this case, we could hear the noise clearly.
also please provide the invoice for the cooler.

PS:Our office will be closed during the Chinese New Year Holiday from 18th to 27th Jan. Sorry for any inconvenience and thanks for your kindly understanding in advance.

and here was mine :

Well, I tried for the video but it was too big, here is a lower quality one that can be sent via mail… I can’t send you 10 separate videos, what’s that about ?
“Thank you for your fast response.he” => thank you for the sarcasm, due noted, if it’s your concern, I’m quite sick at the moment.
Here is the invoice :xxx
I guess you will not respond in time and that I will be spending money to another company that doesn’t treat their customers like stupid retards.

As a faithful client I’m really disappointed by your attitude, your process and how you do the maximum to not solve a simple problem.
Regards,

There where 2 mail exchanges before that.
Well, i think this sums it up pretty well.
So i'll just send it back to amazones and get something else.
I will never understand those companies that can't give a simple solution to a problem.
Instead they are doing their maximum so that you, as a customer have to battle with them for simple things like 2 fans that are bad.