Question Fan noise when playing game but doesn't stop

indira12ilkhaeva

Honorable
Jun 1, 2018
I have a new custom rig that I got and it makes almost no noise, until I start up a demanding game. If I start up Witcher 3, it will start to spin like crazy after a minute of having it on my screen. This also happens with lower demanding games after more time like half an hour on rocket league or something.

The problem with this is that it doesn't stop after I close down my games, the fans keep running at the same crazy speed and keep making a lot of noise (Idk if it's all the fans). I have to restart or put the pc in sleep mode which will immediately stop the noise or with the latter after a min.

It's really infuriating and I'm kinda stuck, so any help is appreciated.

CompuGuy71

Proper
Jul 20, 2022
So the fans spinning is a good thing.

They continue spinning even after the load has left to dissipate the heat further to get them back to a lower temp. It's all working as intended to keep the components safe and working for as long as possible. Shutting your machine off to stop the fan noise is probably not the best idea. They are spinning for a reason.

indira12ilkhaeva

Honorable
Jun 1, 2018
So the fans spinning is a good thing.

They continue spinning even after the load has left to dissipate the heat further to get them back to a lower temp. It's all working as intended to keep the components safe and working for as long as possible. Shutting your machine off to stop the fan noise is probably not the best idea. They are spinning for a reason.
I'll keep it running till it has cooled down and then shut it down (most of the time lol) but it keeps spinning even after it has cooled down. I'll check the temperatures and get back to y'all.

indira12ilkhaeva

Honorable
Jun 1, 2018
what the gpu temp during and after the game?

Hey, it's been a long time. Sorry for the very late reply, I was out of the country in an uni exchange program.

Here are some temps of my pc after playing Heroes & Generals WWII:

BEFORE: CPU-47°C GPU-34°C or 40°C*** Mainboard-39°C Fanspeed-3890 RPM
#I also noticed that my RAM and CPU usage were practically constant while looking at the performance monitor except disk usage, it jumped from around 16 to 50 80 and 100 with the smallest tasks like opening up a new tab it looked like. I havent mentioned this yet but my pc loads a min on almost every task, starting it up takes a good 10 mins, from this point it is super slow until like a couple hours when everything reacts in like a 10 sec frame, I fear a faulty hard drive (or virus?).

*** (all results come from an application, except this one, this one is from task managere because gpu temp stayed the same before during and after the game, thought the application was at fault but task manager showed a constant 40°C too.)

DURING: CPU-59°C GPU-34°C or 40°C*** Mainboard-51°C Fanspeed-3913 RPM
#GPU temp doesnt change (which is not normal or is it?) and the rpm changed barely and yet the noise level difference is insane, so the noise is not from the fans (or maybe it only shows case rpm and it's the cpu cooler fan that's going crazy?)

AFTER(a good 10 mins): CPU-45°C GPU-34°C or 40°C*** Mainboard-37°C Fanspeed-3901 RPM
#noise still isn't gone, I just close off my pc at this point and open up my laptop