Question Fan not working when installed on gpu fan output

Jan 15, 2023
I have a gigabyte 1080ti and the fans won’t spin.( I know they don’t always spin) Under workload the card just get overheated and I have to shut the system off. The strange thing is that when I plug the fans into the LED connector from my RTX 3060 they immediately start spinning at full speed. But ofcourse that is not a solution but it means the fans are fine. The gigabyte 1080ti has 4 potential fan ports and I tried them all but none works. I assume it must be the temperature sensor that doesn’t work on the card itself however I can read the correct gpu temperature with HW monitor but I don’t know if that reading comes from a different sensor on the gpu or that I just talk nonsense. I hope somebody can help.

Last edited:
To read the GPU temp sensor and the fan rpm, use either GPU-Z or hwinfo64. No need to install any of them, they can be used as portable apps. (on hwinfo64 click the "the sensor only" option when launching, unless you care to see a huge amount of system data that most likely won't help you with this issue, the GPU sensors are way down the list hwinfo can monitor)

Jan 15, 2023
It reads temp correctly but fan still wont spin. Also when I put the fans on manual in afterburner nothing happens. But when I plug them into the led connector of my rtx 3060 they start spinning immediately.