Fan on Sapphire 8500LE 128MB

Anyone know if this fan is even needed?
Where to buy a replacement fan for it?
Thanks.

You can not take the heatsink off of 8500 series cards. It is glued to gpu
with thermal adhesive.

> Anyone know if this fan is even needed?
> Where to buy a replacement fan for it?
> Thanks.

Thanks, but I also need to know where you can get a fan replacement.
The fan assembly is held to the heatsink by 4 screws.
Is the fan even important on this card?
Thanks

"Asestar" <a s e s t a r @ s t a r t . n o> wrote in message
> You can not take the heatsink off of 8500 series cards. It is glued to gpu
> with thermal adhesive.
>
> "Buffalo" <eric(nospam)@nada.com.invalid> wrote in message
> > Anyone know if this fan is even needed?
> > Where to buy a replacement fan for it?
> > Thanks.

Not really.. But only if you are able to install a big enough heatsink,
which you sadly can't. So have to live with this fan/sink combo. I tried to
run without fan my Hercules8500Le, it was not very stable, and got hot.
Reason is that heatsink is really thin over the gpu.

I don't think you can purchase a fan like that.
Here is a suggestion: Remove the fan. Glue a standard 20-40mm fan on top of
the heatsink. It should run cool enough.

> Not really.. But only if you are able to install a big enough heatsink,
> which you sadly can't. So have to live with this fan/sink combo. I tried
> run without fan my Hercules8500Le, it was not very stable, and got hot.
> Reason is that heatsink is really thin over the gpu.
>
> I don't think you can purchase a fan like that.
> Here is a suggestion: Remove the fan. Glue a standard 20-40mm fan on top
of
> the heatsink. It should run cool enough.

I will probably use the 'glue' technique.
Thanks