Fan opens rarely. Possible to control fan speeds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcyGlaceon13

Reputable
Jan 22, 2015
Hello. I have a Toshiba C850 1C2 and I have noticed that the fan only opens rarely. I live in a hot country and my temps seems to reach 60 - 70 (except for HDD) during the day. But gets a stable 40 - 50 during night.

Going to the Power Options and changing the settings said "When the temperature rises, fan runs at full speed." But I don't think it's accurate. I have a stand fan directly pointed to my laptop and it still gets that temperature. Is it possible to control the fan speeds?

SKIPPY PB

Reputable
Jan 9, 2015
Im not sure if that system is set up for fan control but I do know there are some programs that will allow you to control fan speeds. Or some that will allow you to turn them on or off manually.

SKIPPY PB

Reputable
Jan 9, 2015

I don't think there would be fan settings in the bios. I'm not sure on those acronyms either, I didn't quite figure out speedfan aswell. I think IObit makes some programs that can control the fans but 'ive never attempted to try them. I'm sure someone more knowledgeable than me will be able to help you out. Im not that familiar with your system. Good luck!

IcyGlaceon13

Reputable
Jan 22, 2015
I already cleaned the fan and stuff but it still doesn't open. I'm pretty sure it's working since when I get "Problem in the cooling system has been detected." The fan opens. It's annoying cuz my laptop goes throttling when I game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS