Question Fan or fan like sound (not loud) similar to waking pc from sleep while using pc

PCNoob00

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2014
Hi !
Recently I build new PC with specs:
CPU: i5 12400f
Motherboard: Asus Prime b660m-a d4
RAM: 2x8gb DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200mhz
GPU: GTX 1650S 4gb DDR6
PSU: Seasonic gx 550 gold
SSD: Crucial mx500 500gb (boot drive)
HDD: 2 old Seagate Baracuda drives, 500gb each (one 12 and one 8 years old)
LG DVD ROM
Case: Cooler Master nr 400 with 2 fans

When I use my PC, for example gaming and even when I just surfing net or scrolling external drives attached to my PC, suddenly I can hear sound like when fans are kicking after windows wakes from sleep. That sound is not loud/noisy, just normal waking sound or similar to that sound (just raisng activity from cpu fan or hdd or something, i realy do not now what) and I cannot see any performance issues while hearing it. Temps are low, idle CPU is sitting at 28C and not more then 55C while gaming (cpu load up to 50% while gaming) with ambient temp of 20C, GPU at full load 68C. I am using stock CPU intel cooler. It is running at about 1880 rpm when idle and while I use PC lightly and I cannot see its rpm raising or asus performance and power utilities cannot catch raise in a real time when I hear sound. Also that raise in activity suddenly goes away like fans or some of them shuts off , but everything is spinning normally. Is it some kind of performance / power plan that is controlled by bios options or power management in windows or something else.
Thank you all in advance!

Colif

Win 11 Master
You could roll up a piece of paper up into a funnel, open case while its making noise and listen through the funnel to pinpoint what is making the noise.

Its going to be a fan as they normally only moving parts in a pc

If you have armoury crate installed, it might have profiles for gaming and speed up fans if you playing games.

Do you have the latest BIOS for motherboard as it can change the behaviour of your fans too. Before I updated my bios, the fans would go mad at startup, now I hardly hear them. different motherboard though

Case: Cooler Master nr 400 with 2 fans
what size fans? 1 in front, 1 in rear?
temps are fine

TRENDING THREADS