[SOLVED] Fan placement and direction on phanteks Enthoo Pro2 using watercooling.

Dec 4, 2021
I recently got a phanteks Enthoo Pro2
https://www.phanteks.com/Enthoo-Pro2-TemperedGlass.html
PH-ES620PTG.jpg

I am using custom watercooling for CPU and graphics card. (12th gen i5 in STRIX Z690-A and 3070 with bykski block, 2x 360mm radiators in the front and side)

The side radiator pulls in air using 3x 120mm fans on 200 rpm
The front radiator expels air out using 3x 120mm fans on 200 rpm

I have 1x 120mm and 3x 140mm fans I need to shove in the case somwhere to cool VRM's, NVMe SSD's and RAM

not sure where to put them.

The bottom has room for 3x 120mm fans, the top has room for 3x 140mmfans, the back has a single 140mm slot.
I could also put an expansion bracket on and setup an internal fan pointing at the mobo??
The front and side is taken up by radiators and tubes!

I was thinking about using the rear fan as an intake and then 2x reat top fans as outake, with perhaps another 120mm fan in the base.....

now sure what the best setup is for me. lots of info and videos on "fan setups" but almost all of them assume your using a fan cooled graphics card and fan coolder or AIO

Solution
PH-ES620PTG.jpg

I am using custom watercooling for CPU and graphics card. (12th gen i5 in STRIX Z690-A and 3070 with bykski block, 2x 360mm radiators in the front and side)

I have 1x 120mm and 3x 140mm fans I need to shove in the case somwhere to cool VRM's, NVMe SSD's and RAM

The bottom has room for 3x 120mm fans, the top has room for 3x 140mmfans, the back has a single 140mm slot.
I could also put an expansion bracket on and setup...
PH-ES620PTG.jpg

I could also put an expansion bracket on and setup an internal fan pointing at the mobo??
The front and side is taken up by radiators and tubes!

I was thinking about using the rear fan as an intake and then 2x reat top fans as outake, with perhaps another 120mm fan in the base.....

now sure what the best setup is for me. lots of info and videos on "fan setups" but almost all of them assume your using a fan cooled graphics card and fan coolder or AIO
Simple general rules for any cooling system:
Air flow front to back and top.
Radiator fans are part of case cooling.
Air flow to cover as much components as possible (including disks).
Air intake and exhaust as balanced as possible, possibly slight positive pressure in the case (slightly more intake than exhaust)

Solution