[SOLVED] Fan placement help

Jul 11, 2019
I have two options 2x NZXT Aer F 120mm and 1x Aer F 140mm. All three are case fans. Which means their performance is slightly worse than the normal ones.
Or 2x Corsair ML120 PRO
I also have the two stock fans (Fractal Design Dynamic GP-12 120 mm) .
And i am wondering where i should put the fans for optimal performance. Should i use all 5 fans? Or only the 3 that i bought? More intakes than Exhausts? Or the other way?

Also due to my motherboards limitations i only had 2 Fan Slots, and had to use a Fan Hub. That means that all the fans will run at the same speed.

Specs:
AMD Ryzen 5 2600. (Might overclock)
GTX 1060 6 GB
Viper 4 Series DDR4 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3200MHz Kit.
MSI B450M PRO M-2.
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C
Below i put an image of all the different fan possibilites.

fractal-design-meshify-c-fan-sizes-positions-diagram.jpg

Last edited:
Solution
you could buy a fan controller not that I have any experience of which one to buy but that would allow you too adjust the speed that they run at. There might be a function in the bios to adjust the speed of the fans.
Jul 11, 2019
only going on my experience I would have all fans as intake's and the top two as exhausts if you do not like any of the fans then remove them but that is how I would do it.
So i decided to go for 4 ML120 Pro fans instead. But on startup they sound like a vacuum cleaner. Is that normal and is there something you can do about it?