Fan problem in my laptop!

mohammed_3issa

Honorable
Nov 11, 2013
Hi :)
I have a Dell Inspiron 15r SE 7520 laptop my problem is that my fan starts for a few seconds while the system is booting then it stops completely and doesn't work even if the laptop components heats up (cpu,gpu) and it leads to the laptop shutting down because of this
what should i do?
ps : it's hard for me right now to buy a new one so any other solution will be appreciated.
also i should note that i cleaned it from dust.
[sorry for my English]

Solution
i had a dell xps 17 laptop , and i had the same problem ... the solution was to add a laptop cooler at the bottom
see example here
http://www.coolermaster.com/mobile/notepal-series/notepal-x3/

also you will need to clean it with duster air can

but the use of a laptop cooler is not effortless ...you need to bring it with you all the time when you move and need to be clean too because of the dust

try to use it in a cool area or if you do not have a laptop cooler at least put something under the laptop to help fresh air coming into laptop

but its not normal to have a fan stopping working by itself like that , i doubt is a software related

mohammed_3issa

Honorable
Nov 11, 2013

checked both but no luck
also does it[the fan] working in the beginning indicates that it's working and replacing it won't solve the problem?

i had a dell xps 17 laptop , and i had the same problem ... the solution was to add a laptop cooler at the bottom
see example here
http://www.coolermaster.com/mobile/notepal-series/notepal-x3/

also you will need to clean it with duster air can

but the use of a laptop cooler is not effortless ...you need to bring it with you all the time when you move and need to be clean too because of the dust

try to use it in a cool area or if you do not have a laptop cooler at least put something under the laptop to help fresh air coming into laptop

but its not normal to have a fan stopping working by itself like that , i doubt is a software related

Solution