Question Fan problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 17, 2020
My desktop works completely fine, I can turn it on and it'll boot up and everything, my cpu fan works fine too, but my other three fans that are cooling the pc wont turn on, it'll randomly turn off and on for a second then turn back off. Ive already checked and made sure everything was plugged in correctly, but still didn't fix the problem, this just recently started happening it was working completely fine before but just randomly stopped working.

Reactions: 847

Prominent
Sep 15, 2020
I think this is the motherboard's fault, try checking the BIOS to see if they are detected.
To get to the BIOS, turn on the computer and you should press a function key on your keyboard to get to the BIOS, usually, it depends on what your motherboard is but it can be F1, F2, F10, F12, or the DEL key on your keyboard, and once you do that check to see if fans are working, if not, it might be a problem with the motherboard chipset. In this case, maybe you might need to buy a new motherboard. This is on my learning but the best way is to search the internet.

Oct 17, 2020
So I checked the bios and it does detect the fans, but the fans just aren't running. It was running earlier today though for about a hour or two then shut off completely again. Maybe its a wiring issue?

Prominent
Sep 15, 2020
hmm, that's strange! Very! I think maybe the wiring or maybe the motherboard, I think it would be a coincidence that all the fans except the CPU fan do not spin, maybe in the BIOS it was detected you turn them off. I don't think so but maybe that could have happened. Maybe its a motherboard issue like I said but wait, try opening up your computer and plugging in the CPU fan on the fan connecter that is cooling up your pc, this is safe and I've done that before, it will just spin up like normal, then after plug in the cooling fan to the CPU, so basically try plugging in the CPU fan on the connecter where it is not starting up and the cooling fan to the CPU fan connecter. See if it works,
Remember that I will not always be around so if it does not and nobody responds, please request somebody to fix it. But I will try my best to be around.

Oct 17, 2020
my bad I haven’t been updating if my problem has been fixed or not, this really did stump me so I ended up taking a break, same issue. Although, it did actually work for a couple of days then stopped working, I should mention that my system fans have led lights on them so everytime my fan stops, my rgb lights go out as well. So maybe it’s a power issue? But it wouldn’t make sense for it to suddenly start working for a bit then stop completely again.

Prominent
Sep 15, 2020
hi, did you read my other post, anyway I think its a power issue or motherboard fault. I think your best bet is to try what I said in the other post or request to tell as I am not that technical enough. But I still like to help you, could you please send me a picture or a video preferably please, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.