[SOLVED] Fan question

kingbowcat

Reputable
Oct 9, 2019
Y_KlqKYYqe7Hgyl7kkHxpB1qftYSAwXjVVNQQIHstpxE9kl_HIrKEOIScQIJUllOz-kMiLDEJflojafBl5C29bhTn-wtlT53Ya-MMm-oIhIIsPa27PAAXW4xpc90z07LcsDE-jhpDqoUW7x05lYSce9v0wyY6vF_2S8qzt9yPYG6lOQBjH3ASmCLPZ5yw3APnTIkcA8499OZXfVcIlROk9PD7RDrTRYC9RciCZAJl9alb9DmjKKuZdmquXDx7PYHfV2FZCPNWOJu1Xq02Ow4DmEsYtUoRIqUtzQ3_XzzTNKf5oBnGrJ1-Bcz9wBSYks4qlXvcLuGURyQ6VtQCDrGyo7MIlQeGgc0hAs2ijZZXNWtN8JgS5BLsUklU9-9LWLJ93BGukV9qB3Osrlq9eK4LUal28PA93m4DCU95WW8jAAt_ZuVUPZ6HLLoLod2p6m4kGzOHOJZwfB59cIVrpghlwkOe7E-YsZnqX__VAgYSymhTAZZLUHBVw9dsEl-rZo-6Jtiedmem9UkTBL9CoHi7jXsOgNgu4VXB0Zo11cFxDSrJSmu6SVaOIoDFPhwUVgOBipNxQ0buFX1Qts9gCaWKOHs_4xqLnkYmAyPd75t7ApE_Ms1irWV7lJuylZEdMSzn26yFf-bqxxwNG9bsK7LB-4MQoo11gYkXscjIUt0nvK-_OephG9GMw=w633-h843-no
llzBqZRJttz_GTvgeq3bBLL4kaMwc0k4DrE_xkDEEU-Jd2p1FG044NrbGZETgj04k-CnEW-m6VuiEoqBl27n3jh9Y2FDP2TtI3ZSaJVzCa-zV2lQJIjY_vD-fpUxEiv0dGmbh3_zGLEU8Vq4j-17Z-E5OftcgW0KmpOW89-ArB_dgxt6iKFCsIPIHk6qtANpdOP_ggQ-WuHoOmSJTrGlHtTJz8ItiubsxYtq66-Z02njT0p2QRtbo5smMJSM8x0kxsk2euIymsiqGLhVl5qGldkREdCvR_6qgjL8zmtcPOxwzCxN3zSib8eiEMo51DeryMlpp1u5khmd8ouLI3vYuyFmt9pp-h0qyER9gymsGB4BSwpOKvrN6TspmAQ5-M2NuK5i-028uXDSxv02whqta18pDRUyCfP2cdIrIWZSQiDmQI90VDiB6Rzh_kbnhoSWP0D3-IC4cznKlJ4OyinWljwRn0DxQzu1Z9MadpJNjGyuOFocTizn_0i969WdVMA9gM8E65SksgawEiq8QPoIrVLS57KFnvlR8fphCUS8bZi2PoMrH2E_ediXoFWynj4iLP-dw1HBuS94iujZclJp4h72s5uxu2cEh8rFfaOnp-ufMXE2-8AeBotXbeHftxgs-oHRWvXTlyy7TY-l2qS7GVu7vcNQl-3uOYxXZVlLvXZ5ney7ufr_RA=w1124-h843-no
2jyHbrtoarZZrs9BtPg1YouKXYt_gYpwlB-q_dNdpyFzIOICOgPWiU7LTGuibSEJtIhWFhOmgitZNqjVBmj3oL1PHKckg4IoNXSt3pZmSgGMaZeuomu_ORhRoOhq9Y_gGS1cuDm-5ZSQFljl5E-VToQ1nuqn6T8U1KHvTHVsIJSyl4d7P-4V2UxGyyTINbUMkOxUQOqc4d9sXr6id6uZR8ub5G-v1qMLxinm-JgjM6VIkkKXEcIicKqb8FKUF1MZZSSJfuO-FrNGeNDtZRK0n0jsXP-0ADqp1zv-ZJmPgFhWzTsgDi_kGJlUdhcdePsRvWZjNfYYhSoVSZwxMg06d2Dgi9txr7-q-tuSbjalc1sLxdK15nPz_aQaJfjd8YNtke45Px33jxy26oRL4hLbo9zRKvDFbX6UHXkA7s8oIypb7Bc9xYXFT5e6VyKErPvZ3atl6F4pIZzh4HENKL7JvsKm9Lb3aaKiSzvZXKR8X_Yz45GmMXtR3j5xSOsUL-IzexuzUPtRSTUfQx9yu-yELcn4ZJAm1bRn9CqtOY-S2gsmbCHasQu8o31xDQC6-_rZvKGN1CyL542tOBxmZrwqxq8jAz-ThR4vbyixDSRayLRszFVDhr8t2fWnowGY4mAawprP685gMDBuLhpHs8vqfosJelbDKb_kmBy_fpT2hITu_-rexMF7OQ=w1124-h843-no

Id like to add some new fans to my case to try help lower the overall temps. I was thinking about putting them at the bottom above the PSU metal casing as this is the only area there are screws for fans but it doesn't look like there is great flow of air from small gaps in metal or is this fine? Or is this not intended for fans? (would I have to remove power supply to install new fans?) I inserted pictures Im assuming i will have to have the fans pulling air into the case or could I have one going into and one down or would that mess up the circulation of air overall. Also it would blow directly onto my GPUs fans would it mess up that or help? I had a picture of top of pc showing no screws so no availability for fans I think a shame as I would be able to take in my cool air as theres a mesh vent. I have a picture of this too.

Also I have second picture of the single fan blowing air out. As im struggling for extra fans and this one is the only one blowing out im thinking of replacing it as I feel the air coming out isnt a great deal and I suspect its a cheap fan. Im looking at these fans Noctua NF-P12 redux-1700 PWM, High Performance Cooling Fan, 4-Pin £12. Or any other recommendations would be cool. Sorry im a noob when it comes to pc building and airflow management.

Any help would be appreciated. :)

Solution
Hi, I have just looked at the case and you can install 2 x 120mm fans at the top...I can actually see where they mount and it is in the longer holes like stretched out holes...so that you can slide the fans into better positions. Here is a bit of blurb on that...

'For instance, there are many possibilities when it comes to cooling. Air cooling being served by four pre-installed RGB Ring Fans (three in the front and one in the back). However you can also install two additional 120mm fans on the case's roof and a further two 120mm fans in the base. '

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/koli...ming-case-black-tempered-glass-ca-034-kk.html
I would not put a fan on top of the PSU cover. In your case you can add a fan to the top and I would pout it to the furthest right side top and have it bring air in and the fan at the rear would extract. I presume you have no fan spaces at the front of your case...In fact what case are you using?

kingbowcat

Reputable
Oct 9, 2019
I would not put a fan on top of the PSU cover. In your case you can add a fan to the top and I would pout it to the furthest right side top and have it bring air in and the fan at the rear would extract. I presume you have no fan spaces at the front of your case...In fact what case are you using?

But you can see the picture of the top how can I fix a fan up there when theres no screw holes?? The case is a horizon RGB case I have a picture here:
KolinkHorizon-780x405.png

Not a great design as the front three fans are blocked by glass. Looks nice though but after heavy gaming I feel the glass screen and its like an oven in there. Heres a review of it shows more of the case: https://basic-tutorials.de/en/kolin...di-tower-with-lots-of-glass-and-rgb-reviewed/

Hi, I have just looked at the case and you can install 2 x 120mm fans at the top...I can actually see where they mount and it is in the longer holes like stretched out holes...so that you can slide the fans into better positions. Here is a bit of blurb on that...

'For instance, there are many possibilities when it comes to cooling. Air cooling being served by four pre-installed RGB Ring Fans (three in the front and one in the back). However you can also install two additional 120mm fans on the case's roof and a further two 120mm fans in the base. '

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/koli...ming-case-black-tempered-glass-ca-034-kk.html

Reactions: kingbowcat
Solution

kingbowcat

Reputable
Oct 9, 2019

Thank you Max, so the two on the bottom are ones in my picture above PSU? But I should leave these? And for the top should I be pulling air in or out or one in one out? as front fans don't pull a great deal of fresh air in. And you got any recommendation of which fans I should get?

kingbowcat

Reputable
Oct 9, 2019
Yep you should instal one or the far right side blowing air in which will provide much needed air and that will then get extracted out but the rear fan...

and I can have one where you drew your magnificent picture blowing out? as like I said before the one fan blowing out sucks. and Will I be able to fit these fans onto the fan splitter thing? or straight to the motherboard? Im getting a MSI X470 GAMING M7 AC . Im assuming the fans I buy will come with all the cables I need. So you got a recommended fan I should get?

Will these do the trick or not strong enough:
ARCTIC F12 Silent - Ultra-Quiet 120 mm Case Fan | Silent Cooler with Standard Case

Reactions: vMax
and I can have one where you drew your magnificent picture blowing out? as like I said before the one fan blowing out sucks. and Will I be able to fit these fans onto the fan splitter thing? or straight to the motherboard? Im getting a MSI X470 GAMING M7 AC . Im assuming the fans I buy will come with all the cables I need. So you got a recommended fan I should get?

Will these do the trick or not strong enough:
ARCTIC F12 Silent - Ultra-Quiet 120 mm Case Fan | Silent Cooler with Standard Case

Yep you can but run it at a low speed...And yes you can connect them both to a splitter and use just one fan port. An yes the fans will come with cables....That fan will do the job...

kingbowcat

Reputable
Oct 9, 2019
Should be no issues as you can control it through the BIOS. I tend to set them to quiet mode in BIOS and leave them. They then automatically ramp up as needed when the temps rise...

Ok so if I run two of the fans at the top one pulling air in and one next to it ejecting it would they conflict at all making it less efficient? as like I said the one exhaust fan doesn't feel particularly strong and Not enough air comes out of it.

kingbowcat

Reputable
Oct 9, 2019
I don't think it will be to bad having two fans bringing air in. I would try it see what temps are like but of course it will still be a decent improvement.

Yeah will create a lot of positive air pressure but them being both intake ones and the one on the left would be too close to my only exhaust would be an issue? as I would be blowing out fresh air not the hot stuff. and I got a lot of gaps for air to push itself out. What are the three fans you got on the top of your system doing? and the one at the top back is an exhaust?

I was also thinking about an intake through bottom as I got high static pressure fans id be able to draw through the restrictive slots in shroud? at the bottom of psu there is a mesh grid so I could pull air through this? As i'm going to have a spare fan anyway as I bought two.

Another thing I was wondering if it would be a good idea to drill some holes at the front side panels as there is only a mesh airflow grid near the bottom front sides for the front three fans to draw from so the intake in the top fan is minimal.. I've felt the difference myself pretty big. So with drilled holes in the right place more fresh air can enter the top fan. But I would get extra dust with there being no filter. Or is this not worth it?