ill

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2004

On my case I have a fan in front blowing air INTO the case. I just found
out I forgot to get a fan for the rear :)

Does the rear fan blow air INTO or OUT_OF the case.
Thanks

ill wrote:

> On my case I have a fan in front blowing air INTO the case. I just found
> out I forgot to get a fan for the rear :)
>
> Does the rear fan blow air INTO or OUT_OF the case.

front - in
rear - out

That way the air flows in the front, through the case, and out the rear.

> Thanks

The rear fan should blow OUT of the case
"ill" <artform@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> On my case I have a fan in front blowing air INTO the case. I just found
> out I forgot to get a fan for the rear :)
>
> Does the rear fan blow air INTO or OUT_OF the case.
> Thanks

groove

tom418 said this...

> The rear fan should blow OUT of the case

and since hot air rises, the input fan at the front should be as low down as
possible and the rear output as high.

--
º~ david ~º

Phisherman

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 22:25:40 -0700, "ill" <artform@yahoo.com> wrote:

>On my case I have a fan in front blowing air INTO the case. I just found
>out I forgot to get a fan for the rear :)
>
>Does the rear fan blow air INTO or OUT_OF the case.
>Thanks

Usually out. But, I would try to balance the in-flow with the
out-flow.

out but since you most likely already have a fan blowing out of your PSU
there's really no need to add another fan unless you having heat problems.

wooducoodu wrote:

> out but since you most likely already have a fan blowing out of your PSU
> there's really no need to add another fan unless you having heat problems.

If you're buying a pre-made system from a major systems builder who has
engineered it to be that way then that may be true but if you're building
one yourself from generic components then it will likely have heat problems
without a rear fan separate from that in the PSU.

> "ill" <artform@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
>>On my case I have a fan in front blowing air INTO the case. I just found
>>out I forgot to get a fan for the rear :)
>>
>>Does the rear fan blow air INTO or OUT_OF the case.
>>Thanks

OUT of the rear of the case.

--
DaveW