Question Fan replacement for a Zotac GTX 970

Aug 15, 2018
I'm pretty sure I've got a fan going bad on my GPU, when I had the card out recently one of the fans would spin with almost no resistance, but the other had pretty heavy resistance. To top it, either I've installed an angry beehive where my GPU used to be, or perhaps my neighbor got a new drone, but the fan has a pretty audible whining sound while running at anything over 40%. The card is a Zotac 970 GTX 90101-10P, I've seen a bunch of fan replacements for the other Zotac 970 models but they have a separate connector for each fan - this one has a single connector for both fans.

Anybody have a good recommendation for a replacement or improvement fan for this model card?

Aug 15, 2018
I just sent back I think their twin turbo III cause it turned out to be way too big for the card. I contacted Zotac to see if they have replacement fans but I'll check arctic and see what I can find for them while I'm waiting to hear from Zotac.

There are folks that sell the ones that are temp controlled where both fans have a separate connector that plugs into a little board which then plugs into what looks like the same 4 pin slot my GPU has. Do you think it might be a plug and play solution? I'm wondering if maybe it's an upgrade to the later produced dual fan 970 cards, or maybe something from their dual fan AMP! Omega edition 970 - though it only had a slightly higher core and boost frequencies