[SOLVED] fan rpm is a lot higher then the other fans

Apr 16, 2019
So i have an asus prime x570 mobo.The fans are coolermaster mf120r argb fans.While trying to make the fan rpm lower i found out that one of the fans spins a lot faster than the others, and when i try to change the speed (i simply use Q-fan control form my mobo's bios)it doesn't change at all.i have tried switching up pwm connectors and the speed DID actually change, which makes me think that the problem is what i use to control the fan speed in the bios (it isn't the connector because by repeating the "fan optimization" test"in q fan control the fan that spins faster is sometimes different).Can someone suggest a software that i can use to control fans?

Last edited:
Solution
Which mobo header you plug this fan into is important. On that mobo, the CHA_FAN1-3 headers CAN control fan speed and you can configure them in BIOS setup. BUT the two headers for PUMPS have NO speed control ability and always will run whatever you connect to them at full speed. You do not say how many fans you have, but if it's more than three for case ventilation, you will need a Splitter to connect extras to the available CHA_FAN headers.

For each fan header (see manual p. 3-7) I suggest you choose the "Standard" Fan Profile at bottom so the mobo will adjust their speeds automatically according to workload heat generation as sensed by a temperature sensor on the mobo. Since you say you have MF120R ARGB fans that are of the PWM...

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
Which mobo header you plug this fan into is important. On that mobo, the CHA_FAN1-3 headers CAN control fan speed and you can configure them in BIOS setup. BUT the two headers for PUMPS have NO speed control ability and always will run whatever you connect to them at full speed. You do not say how many fans you have, but if it's more than three for case ventilation, you will need a Splitter to connect extras to the available CHA_FAN headers.

For each fan header (see manual p. 3-7) I suggest you choose the "Standard" Fan Profile at bottom so the mobo will adjust their speeds automatically according to workload heat generation as sensed by a temperature sensor on the mobo. Since you say you have MF120R ARGB fans that are of the PWM (4-pin) motor type, you should configure each mobo header to use the PWM Mode (upper right).

Solution

TRENDING THREADS