Question Fan RPMS seem a little extreme

Icy07

Reputable
Oct 7, 2019
So my fans in my pc are acting a bit funky. I have a Ryzen 3 3100 cooled by a Wraith Prism my friend gave me a while back, and 2 3pin cooler master fans. It used to be that the Wraith prism was quiet but always at 4800 rpms and the cooler masters I think ran at 1900, but today when doing some light gaming, I found that my fans were unbearably loud, booted up hardware monitor and found that my cpu fan was running at over 6000 rpms, case fan 1 at 1900, and case fan 2 at only 232. I replaced case fan 2 but it still only runs at 232, not sure why. Messed around with my bios fan speed thingy for the cpu cooler and nothing has changed. Is there a way I can fix this, and if not, what's a good budget cpu cooler at around $25 with a max budget of $50

EDIT: Forgot to mention that even while playing the game with the ridiculous fan speed my cpu was only at 45 degrees C

Lutfij

Titan
We're going to need a little more information. Please parse the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

As for your OS, include the version. You might want to also check and see what BIOS version you're on for your motherboard at the time of writing. See if disconnecting from the wall and the monitor and removing the CMOS battery for at least 30 mins before replacing it alleviates the issue. I don't think you need to drop money on your build just yet, not until we've figured out of your motherboard is at fault here(due to an anomaly or the OS might've been corrupted).

Icy07

Reputable
Oct 7, 2019
CPU: Ryzen 3 3100
Motherboard: Gigabyte b550 ds3h
GPU: EVGA GTX 1050
RAM: G.Skill Ageis 3200 DDR4 2x8GB
SSD: Samsung Evo 970 (runs kinda hot but doesn't seem to be heating up any other components)
PSU: EVGA bronze 500w I think?
Bios: idk, I know I updated it when I got the board
Case: ninja raidmax 2 (thought it looked cool when I first built my PC in 2017, a couple years and a couple upgrades later maybe it's time for a replacement)
Case fans: Coolermaster Silent Fan 120 SI2

Side note about the case fans, the box says they are rated for 1200 RPMs but again they hit 1900 and 232 respectively, even swapped them out for the other fans in the box and nothing changed. They also are only 3 Pin connectors.

Icy07

Reputable
Oct 7, 2019
We're going to need a little more information. Please parse the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

As for your OS, include the version. You might want to also check and see what BIOS version you're on for your motherboard at the time of writing. See if disconnecting from the wall and the monitor and removing the CMOS battery for at least 30 mins before replacing it alleviates the issue. I don't think you need to drop money on your build just yet, not until we've figured out of your motherboard is at fault here(due to an anomaly or the OS might've been corrupted).
Also I figured out the BIOS version is F10