Fan running at 100%

Apr 11, 2018
After the April 11, 2018 Windows update, I can no longer control my fan on my MSI GT70 2QD. The fan is working normally until it gets to the login screen when it immediately turns up to 100%. I have tried updating all my drivers including anything that controls my fans however nothing has worked.

Solution
Does it happen in safe mode?

try resetting bios to defaults, it might be a program loading with windows that is taking control of fans, i know on my motherboard the Asus AI Suite would run fans for me, and only way to stop it was a bios reset to defaults.

do you have MSI Dragon Gaming centre installed?

Colif

Win 11 Master
Apr 11, 2018
The problem started right after the recent Windows update on the 11th of April 2018. I've tried reformatting and that didn't work. I have tried multiple fan control software. I guess the next step is update the bios, however, why would that cause the fan to run a hundred percent?

Colif

Win 11 Master
Does it happen in safe mode?

try resetting bios to defaults, it might be a program loading with windows that is taking control of fans, i know on my motherboard the Asus AI Suite would run fans for me, and only way to stop it was a bios reset to defaults.

do you have MSI Dragon Gaming centre installed?

Solution