[SOLVED] Fan selection and setup for i9-10850k with LIAN LI O11 Dynamic XL ROG?

freakinhobo

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2015
LIAN LI O11 Dynamic XL ROG certificated Case
Intel i9-10860k
Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix 75 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
MSI MEG Z490 ACE
EVGA GeForce RTX 2080

I still need fans and fan/case setup. I would like nice RGB fans... but am not sure how to set it to optimize cooling and have proper pressure in the case. Most folks mount the AIO on the top. How many fans, what type, and where should I put them? I've read that just overloading the case with fans isn't the right answer either. Additionally, should I mount the GPU vertically to help with cooling?

Thanks!

Solution
Have same case and EK vertical mount gpu here. Custom loops with radiator on top with 3 fans & 3 fans at bottom, LL120's. Airflow goes straight up. This is very nice I think with nothing blocking air pass over vrm's and ram as well. You should have very enjoyable build in that case its awesome.

For my opinion would maybe suggest install 3 QL120s for bottom intake and AIO on top exhaust. QL120 has the rgb on both sides. If you buy the 3 pak they give you a lighting node also and these nice sometimes if you have extra rbg that needs plugged in. If your 2080 has water block them vertical gpu looks really nice. :)

HappyTrails

Upstanding
Oct 30, 2020
Have same case and EK vertical mount gpu here. Custom loops with radiator on top with 3 fans & 3 fans at bottom, LL120's. Airflow goes straight up. This is very nice I think with nothing blocking air pass over vrm's and ram as well. You should have very enjoyable build in that case its awesome.

For my opinion would maybe suggest install 3 QL120s for bottom intake and AIO on top exhaust. QL120 has the rgb on both sides. If you buy the 3 pak they give you a lighting node also and these nice sometimes if you have extra rbg that needs plugged in. If your 2080 has water block them vertical gpu looks really nice. :)

Last edited:
Solution