Jul 31, 2021
Hello, I’ve ordered a new PC. My specs are:
Intel i7 11700k
RTX 3080
ROG Strix B560-F
Corsair Vengeance 3600Mhz 2x8GB
NZXT Kraken X63
Corsair 4000D Airflow

I also ordered two 140mm and one 120mm of the Be Quiet! Pure Wings 2 fans. I then intended to replace the rear fan already in the case, with the be quiet 120mm fan as an exhaust. Then have the 280mm radiator as exhaust on top. And have the other 2 140mm be quiet! fans as intake on the front. But then I’ve realised I’m left with negative air pressure, right? Now it gets pretty dusty where I live, so my question is, will this setup work fine or do you have any other suggestions? I can use the two 120mm fans that come with the case aswell, if there’s space for them.

Solution
Front(intake): Kraken X63
Top(exhaust): 2x 140mm
Rear(exhaust): 120mm
That's what I'd do with it, but since you've already bought parts... what's done is done, and I don't see a problem with your proposed orientation.

A PC is a space heater. It benefits neither you, nor the hardware to delay, or trap, the process of getting the heat out of the chassis and into your room.
In regards to removing heat, a system leaning more towards exhaust > intake is more effective at cooling.
Many times the dust thing is blown out of proportion. It's nevitable - positive/neutral/negative matters little in the way of the design of the chassis:
Open mesh chassis 'see' more dust - the tradeoff for better thermal performance.
A closed, silent chassis would...

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Front(intake): Kraken X63
Top(exhaust): 2x 140mm
Rear(exhaust): 120mm
That's what I'd do with it, but since you've already bought parts... what's done is done, and I don't see a problem with your proposed orientation.

A PC is a space heater. It benefits neither you, nor the hardware to delay, or trap, the process of getting the heat out of the chassis and into your room.
In regards to removing heat, a system leaning more towards exhaust > intake is more effective at cooling.
Many times the dust thing is blown out of proportion. It's nevitable - positive/neutral/negative matters little in the way of the design of the chassis:
Open mesh chassis 'see' more dust - the tradeoff for better thermal performance.
A closed, silent chassis would see less dust, with the tradeoff being thermals.
Just don't go a year or more without cleaning the filters and whatnot. Perhaps every few months or so, remove filters, put it under the faucet for a few minutes, dry or let dry, pop it back in, and at the end of a year, clean the whole PC.
Repeat every year.

Solution
Jul 31, 2021
Ok thank you!
Another question, when setting the radiator as intake I should mount the fans infront of the radiator and having them pull air from outside, through the radiator, right?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
It supposedly matters little whether pushing or pulling through a radiator, but pull has a slight edge in that it avoids some of the air blowback that occurs in the area between the rad and push fan.
Though as a downside(?), it does require using more screws.

You likely wouldn't notice a temperature difference between them in an open mesh chassis at least.