[SOLVED] Fan setup on ASUS Tuf Gaming X570 Plus Wifi and using LIAN LI SL Fan Hub ?

Sep 29, 2021
Hi all, I've been reading this forum for years and have learned plenty. I am having a PC built with the following:

Lian Li Lancool II Mesh RGB
Asus Tuf Gaming X570 Plus Wifi
Asus Tuf Gaming 3090 OC
NZXT 120mm X53 radiator
Lian Li 120/140mm SL fans
Lian Li Strimer cables (GPU and MB Power)

I have read about issues with the LConnect software and fan speed reporting and am going to use the SL fan hub for RGB and the fan headers for the fans.
With all I have read I think I have designed the fan setup correctly and would like you all to take a look and let me know if I got this right.

Here is a link to the motherboard manual to see the MB layout.

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/..._TUF_GAMING_X570-PLUS_WI-FI_UM_WEB_060319.pdf

The fans will be configured as follows:

Two 140mm fans will be exhaust fans in the top of the case.
One120mm fan will be exhaust out back, two 120mm fans will be intake on bottom, two 120mm fans will be set as pull on the AIO in the front of the case.

When setting up the Lian Li fan hub, we will be using the fan hub to control the RGB and the fan headers on the motherboard to control the fan speeds. The following groups for RGB (1-4) will be set up in no particular order:

1. Exhaust fans (two 140mm top exhaust and one 120mm rear exhaust)

2. Intake fans ( two 120mm bottom intake and two 120mm pull intake)

3. Connection for Strimer Plus module

4. According to Lian Li, by using an adapter from the Lian Li cable kit, you should be able to hook up the front 3 fans to the controller using one of the cables in the kit. If not I might add an additional light strip to the group and connect the 3 front fans to the one of the RGB header not used by the fan hub.

The AIO/FAN headers will be set up as follows:

1. The AIO will be hooked up to the AIO Pump. The AIO will be mounted behind the top two front fans. The hoses will be pointing down from the CPU and the hoses will be at the bottom of the radiator in the front which will be mostly hidden behind the vertical GPU card.
  2. The rear 120mm exhausts will be hooked up to CHA_FAN1.
  3. The bottom 120mm intakes will be hooked up to CHA_FAN3.
  4. The front 120mm pulls will be hooked up to CHA_FAN2.
  5. The top 140mm exhaust will be hooked up to CPU_OPT.
  6. The front 120mm push will be hooked up to CPU_FAN.
So if anyone could look over what I have designed above and LMK if I misunderstood something or if you feel you have a better suggestion please feel free post.

Thanks in advance and keep up the great work you guys do here.

Last edited:
Solution
The way fan expert labels the fans will give you a little confusion if you do not hook up the Radiator fans to the CPU fan headers. Not to mention both the CPU fan header and the OPT CPU fan header is controlled by the same fan curve in fan expert.

so if possible hook the radiator push and pull fans of the radiator to the CPU fan headers. Use splitters as necessary, personally I would do radiator fans on CPU header and top fans on CPU OPT header the rest as you see fit.
Sep 29, 2021
Can you possibly put the Aio cooler on the top exhaust fans? You really want the radiator hoses to be higher than the pump due to the fact you could get air bubbles trapped in your pump. The air tends to rest at the highest point of the system.

Thanks for the suggestion. I've been looking at a lot of testing videos on how to position the AIO. I have it in my current case as top exhaust. My CPU temps were still a little high so that's why I decided to put it in front.

The way fan expert labels the fans will give you a little confusion if you do not hook up the Radiator fans to the CPU fan headers. Not to mention both the CPU fan header and the OPT CPU fan header is controlled by the same fan curve in fan expert.

so if possible hook the radiator push and pull fans of the radiator to the CPU fan headers. Use splitters as necessary, personally I would do radiator fans on CPU header and top fans on CPU OPT header the rest as you see fit.

Solution
Sep 29, 2021
For the front install, if you turn the radiator so that the hoses are on top do you have room, and are they higher than the pump?

Thanks for your reply. I found a couple of videos of a guy testing out the the placement of a 240mm AIO in my new case. He actually recommended putting the hoses down from the pump and at the bottom of the radiator. It was an air/noise issue. And the pump is lower than the top of my radiator.

Sep 29, 2021

Thanks bgunner. This was the little nuances that I wanted to know about the board and associated software. I will put the push and pull front intakes on CPU_FAN and CPU_OPT so they can be controlled together and the 140mm top exhaust on CHA_FAN2.