[SOLVED] Fan speed revs up & down when playing Ubisoft games ?

jagzc

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2009
Hi All

Just looking for a solution to a strange problem.

When playing Ubisoft games (The Division 2 and Far Cry New Dawn) my Corsair H100i platinum revs up and down.

I have disabled all links between the software and games, the In-game menu, and icue S/W.

I have made a new profile with everything turned off and all fans set to balanced.

My temps are sold at 38C at max settings. My first thought was temp spikes but this is not a problem.

This only happens with their games; I can play COD WZ at max for hours on end with no fans revving up and down. Even with my temps at 45C max settings I’m not having this revving problem.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Guys

jagzc

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2009
I worked it out. I just took the side panel off my pc. I wanted to sound test and see what was revving and soon as I did that it stopped. My guess is the CPU was topping out at 90% usage casing temp spikes. odd be cause the temp spikes don't happen with anything else only Ubisoft games.

Nov 11, 2021
The problem with games like this from such a company, it's very common. It all depends on your processor. Maybe you should improve some tools, for example the processor, the fan itself. Since the fan is turned on to cool the processor, by the way, you may also need to change the paste on the processor, because it has an expiration date and it sometimes needs to be changed, most likely you will revive your computer this way.

TRENDING THREADS