[SOLVED] fan speed up and pc crash

Jul 12, 2020
Hey,

The last few months, my pc had a problem of having a chance to crash when playing games and then it turns the fan speed up to 100&. It happend on games like rust, titenfall 2, Kerbal space programm and many more seemingly not being a problem of power. i tried to fix it but it never worked but it seemd that i found the root of the problem but i can't fix it. The root of the problem seems to be of a gpu driver that i cant see. The programm im using WhoCrashed says this:

On Sun 12.07.2020 18:14:57 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\071220-47828-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: watchdog.sys (watchdog+0x3AD0)
Bugcheck code: 0x10E (0x37, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0)
Error: VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\watchdog.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: Watchdog Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that the video memory manager has encountered a condition that it is unable to recover from.
The crash took place in a Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

Does anybody have an idea what i should do in response of this error?

Since i have no idea how to fix this any help is appreciated.

Sorry for the bad english

Thanks!

Jul 12, 2020
Hey Blaze Productionz

I have a NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070. I tried reinstalling and deinstalled the old ones via display driver uninstall and downloaded them trough geforce experience but that diden't work.

Hey Blaze Productionz

I have a NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070. I tried reinstalling and deinstalled the old ones via display driver uninstall and downloaded them trough geforce experience but that diden't work.
I did some research and apparently Watchdogs commonly has glitches and errors with VRAM management. I would try to turn down your settings a bit as that lower VRAM usage. The error you posted looks like its a VRAM management issue so this might be the cause.

Jul 12, 2020
Hey Guys,

Thanks for so many quick responses. I read through ur responses and ran ccleaner, malwarebytes and used DDU to uninstall all my drivers and now am trying to run games on the generic driver. I hope the problem resolves itself. Thanks again for the quick respones and i'il report back if the problem popsup again.