[SOLVED] Fan speeds/advice

Mar 14, 2021
Hey guys,

I'm somewhat new to building computers but I’ve recently invested a lot in a brand new up to date system and I’d say I’m overly concerned for maintaining its health and life span lol.
A few times now it’s frozen and crashed and the blue screen shows up saying, “Your PC ran into a problem, and needs to restart”. I’m not sure if it’s because of an overheating/ventilation problem, my hard drive is rather old(hoping to upgrade to an SSD M.2 soon), or something else.
My room also gets very cold and on the glass of the case it gets rather foggy, smudged kind of looking, might also be too much condensation building up even though there really shouldn’t be any inside your computer lol.
I just want to double check if that would sound about right for the average fan speeds. I also have a AIO Liquid Cooling but under W_PUMP+, it shows N/A. Is that normal? Or are they separate things and/or modified AIO pumps for it to not show N/A?

I optimized the fan controls in BIOS and it set it to around RPM,
  • CPU FAN: 890-920RPM
  • CHASSIS1: 1500-1550RPM
  • CHASSIS2: 1650-1690RPM
  • AIO PUMP: 4040-4070RPM
I just want to double check if that would sound about right for the average fan speeds. I also have a AIO Liquid Cooling but under W_PUMP+, it shows N/A. Is that normal? Or are they separate things and/or modified AIO pumps for it to not show N/A?

My Specs are:
  • CPU: i5 9600K 3.70GHz
  • GPU: Asus ROGSTRIX 1660S 6GB
  • RAM: Kingston 2x16GB 3200MHz
  • MOBO: Asus Prime Z390-A
  • AIO: MSI CoreLiquid 240R AIO
  • HDD: Seagate SSHD 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s

Any help or advice/suggestions even unrelated to Cooling is greatly appreciated!
Thank you in advance!
159205257_4062764590403004_4673572182282096713_n.jpg

Solution
Not a complete answer, only part:
The Water Pump RPM showing at 'n/a' should be fine. The AIO doesn't run off a fan header for power. The radiator is probably connected to CPU Fan.

Your fan speeds should not be constant - they should follow a curve. The hotter the CPU gets, the faster the fan goes.

The_Ginja_Ninja

Reputable
Nov 17, 2020
The Water Pump RPM showing at 'n/a' should be fine. The AIO doesn't run off a fan header for power. The radiator is probably connected to CPU Fan.

Your fan speeds should not be constant - they should follow a curve. The hotter the CPU gets, the faster the fan goes.

Reactions: Theojwh
Solution
Mar 14, 2021

Thank you!

TRENDING THREADS