Fan speeds change after sleep mode Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3 F3 bios.

amgraser

Reputable
Oct 8, 2015
Hello! In my bios I have the cpu fan control disabled to run at max rpm for my corsair water cooling pump. It runs at 1500 rpm like it is supposed to. After sleep mode the rpm goes down to 800 rpm and for some reason the sysfan1 speed also changes and pulses from 800 to 1200 rpm. I redid the bios but the problem persists. Any thoughts?

Solution
Hi,

It is lilely that upon waking up your PC from sleep mode that the BIOS kind off 'auto resets' the fan settings which is why the fan speeds drop to (most likely) match the current temperatures in the PC.

How to stop it, well I don't really know how...

It may be an actual issue with the board or that the board just doesn't support the option, I'll see if I can find some resolutions however but I have explained to you what it might be.

NerdyComputerGuy

Distinguished
Hi,

It is lilely that upon waking up your PC from sleep mode that the BIOS kind off 'auto resets' the fan settings which is why the fan speeds drop to (most likely) match the current temperatures in the PC.

How to stop it, well I don't really know how...

It may be an actual issue with the board or that the board just doesn't support the option, I'll see if I can find some resolutions however but I have explained to you what it might be.

Solution

amgraser

Reputable
Oct 8, 2015

Thanks, I appreciate the advice. I'll keep trying settings or maybe get a fan speed program if I can't figure it out.