Fan speeds for fan controller

Kayinmoon

Honorable
Dec 3, 2013
I suppose this question is more for cooling in a case but it is related to my cpu temp.

I have an AMD FX-8350 (running stock at the current time) and i is being cooled by a Hyper 212 EVO and inside of a Storm Scout 2 Advanced case with all slots filled with CM Sickleflo 120mm fans.

Sounds like a pretty abundant amount of cooling right?...Well here's the problem, my temperatures will get to over 60C when i am running Prime95 when i have all my fans turned on low. I have ALL my fans (including cpu fans) running of a fan controller to save on space and cable management (i have over 9 fans) so my question is about what speed (percentage wise) should i look at running my fans at when im overclocking or benchmarking?

Kayinmoon

Honorable
Dec 3, 2013

Thank you guys for your support now i am using a fan splitter http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812162026 for my cpu cooler due to the fact im running push pull and i want control of those both

the question then is can i put the female splitter end to the mobo and have the save effect as running just one fan?

Kayinmoon

Honorable
Dec 3, 2013

Thanks guys this is why i post questions here they are answered so quickly.

The football season is over; the Super Bowl is over! We have time until Spring!

Kayinmoon

Honorable
Dec 3, 2013
ok so got another problem it seems cause now the fan is running at like 100%

any ideas?

FYI i did what you said about the splitter plugging into the motherboard cpu fan port

Are these the CPU fans? If so check the fans speeds settings in the BIOS and set them accordingly paying attention to CPU temps. - It may take a few trials to get the logic (speeds) right.

Kayinmoon

Honorable
Dec 3, 2013

I have UEFI on my Sabertooth 990FX so i can adjust fan speeds on desktop using AI Suite's Thermal Radar

So far temps are 36C so they are about 4 less than before so i guess they may be running at about 60-ish or so but i cannot change them from disable or silent or anything like that.

Kayinmoon

Honorable
Dec 3, 2013

Nothing changes it...oh well i'll just put one fan on the cpu fan header and plug the other into the controller in case i need extra power

Yes you can do that and make sure that the CPU fan plugged into the CPU fan header on the motherboard is the "Push" fan (not the "Pull" fan).

The other fan (Pull) you can connect to the fans speed control and make sure that it runs a little faster than the Push fan. These fans must work at almost the same speeds) and not fight each other when it comes to air flow (CFM)..