[SOLVED] fan splitter prevents windows from booting

Aug 15, 2021
so i bought this fan splitter for my pc for my two case fans and when i try booting up, windows goes into automatic repair mode and fails to find any problem. also when i try to boot up my pc without the fan splitter the same issue happens. what went wrong? all i wanted to do was add a fan splitter and now my entire pc wont boot. ive tried window's cmd console repair process. im genuinely pissed because i have no idea how this happened and what is wrong
additional info: this fan splitter is/was an addition to my build i have been using since feb. , my mobo is an asrock z390 pro4
i have no idea what happened and thanks in advance to those who help me

Solution
despite the timing, the use of (or lack thereof) the fan splitter might be unrelated to your seemingly corrupt OS installation/boot-up issue(s)...

You might need to make a Win10 USB installation media, and attempt a repair install from there, or essentially, a 'reinstall/keep data and programs'...
despite the timing, the use of (or lack thereof) the fan splitter might be unrelated to your seemingly corrupt OS installation/boot-up issue(s)...

You might need to make a Win10 USB installation media, and attempt a repair install from there, or essentially, a 'reinstall/keep data and programs'...

Solution