[SOLVED] ! fan stop spinning

Jan 2, 2021
I have a SilverStone CPF04 fan hub with 6 NF-F12 fan connected and the fan hub connected to a Gigabyte Arous Master b550 MB. The issue im having is whit 1 single fan, what is happening while nother under load all fans spin however once i Start playing a game 1 single fan stop spinning. I am not sure if it a power issue, i have a 850 watt evga power supply. any help with trouble shooting be nice. thank you so much

Solution
Just wondering... If all of your fan headers are PWM controllable then why wouldn't you just use a couple of two or three-way fan splitters and simplify things. I do that and use Argus Monitor software and I have complete control of all the fans.

nxindy89

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2014
Is the fan hub connected to SATA power or a fan header on the motherboard. 6 fans seems like it would be amp heavy for a fan header on the mobo. Just a guess, I'm no expert on it.

I have a SilverStone CPF04 fan hub with 6 NF-F12 fan connected and the fan hub connected to a Gigabyte Arous Master b550 MB. The issue im having is whit 1 single fan, what is happening while nother under load all fans spin however once i Start playing a game 1 single fan stop spinning. I am not sure if it a power issue, i have a 850 watt evga power supply. any help with trouble shooting be nice. thank you so much
Swap the plugs (at the hub) of the fan that stops spinning and a fan that doesn't.
If the same fan still stops spinning....I would get another fan.

Jan 2, 2021
it is
Is the fan hub connected to SATA power or a fan header on the motherboard. 6 fans seems like it would be amp heavy for a fan header on the mobo. Just a guess, I'm no expert on it.
It is connected by SATA and i checked my MB manual and all fan headers are PWN controlled. I was thinking it to much for 1 fan header.
Swap the plugs (at the hub) of the fan that stops spinning and a fan that doesn't.
If the same fan still stops spinning....I would get another fan.
I will try the next but the fan does work however once on load it just stop and it that only fan.

Reactions: nxindy89

nxindy89

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2014
Just wondering... If all of your fan headers are PWM controllable then why wouldn't you just use a couple of two or three-way fan splitters and simplify things. I do that and use Argus Monitor software and I have complete control of all the fans.

Solution