[SOLVED] Fan Suddenly Goes High RPM

AsteriskRin

Commendable
Feb 17, 2021
Hi. I experienced something unusual on my GPU. After I restarted my computer, my GPU fan suddenly went 3000 RPM. In few seconds after that, the fan went to 0 RPM. Is it normal thing or is there any problems in my computer? I provide a screenshot of the RPM graph below.

fan-report.png

Solution
After I restarted my computer, my GPU fan suddenly went 3000 RPM
a lot of devices will cycle through high or max fan RPMs when the system boots.
sometimes it is just a fan waiting for specific RPM commands from it's host device or control software.
few seconds after that, the fan went to 0 RPM
most modern graphics cards are designed to stay at 0 RPM until reaching a temperature that is predetermined by the manufacturer to require active cooling.

if yours boosts up to high RPMs at every fresh boot but still operates fine, i would just consider it normal.
After I restarted my computer, my GPU fan suddenly went 3000 RPM
a lot of devices will cycle through high or max fan RPMs when the system boots.
sometimes it is just a fan waiting for specific RPM commands from it's host device or control software.
few seconds after that, the fan went to 0 RPM
most modern graphics cards are designed to stay at 0 RPM until reaching a temperature that is predetermined by the manufacturer to require active cooling.

if yours boosts up to high RPMs at every fresh boot but still operates fine, i would just consider it normal.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS