Fan system for this PSU, case and mobo. How?

thecrespow

Honorable
Dec 24, 2013
Hello, this is my first post in a forum and it is in a foreign forum so excuse me if I say something wrong.
Well, for Christmas I am going to buy the case NOX Coolbay TX which has two fans included. I have a Strike X 800 W PSU with only a GTX 660 plugged on it (which soon I will change for a EVGA GTX 780 SC). My motherboard is a G45 Gaming Z87 from MSI.
What I would like to know is how can I install at least both the two top fans and the second front fan (cause the first is included), how (if it is possible) and which fans should go best (I have thought about Corsair AF120 LED which are good for the price in Spain). If you can tell me how to do it with the floor fan too it will be excellent. Do not tell me newegg's links because in my country we have got no newegg shops. I am not worried about plugging fans to the psu if it is needed. The main thing is to have all the fans possible (I give more priority to top fans, then front fan and last floor fan). Also I want to know if you believe that it would be a good idea changing the fans that the case include.
Thank everybody very much.

Solution
The fans that come in the case are already OK. The important fans that you need to take note of are the fans for your CPU heatsink, GPU heatsink, or radiator for liquid cooling. For airflow, the AF series are really good bro. You are correct in prioritizing the top fans as EXHAUST (fans blowing towards outside the case). Then front as intake (fans blowing towards inside the case). There are a lot of reviews saying that having more exhaust fans are better than all intake. Though cooling down process takes longer, but running it at full load will have a better heat management. I hope you got what I meant. :) Also, don't forget the rear fan bro if there are still none installed.

I have a bottom fan (floor), it is VERY VERY load. haha

adimeister

Honorable
The fans that come in the case are already OK. The important fans that you need to take note of are the fans for your CPU heatsink, GPU heatsink, or radiator for liquid cooling. For airflow, the AF series are really good bro. You are correct in prioritizing the top fans as EXHAUST (fans blowing towards outside the case). Then front as intake (fans blowing towards inside the case). There are a lot of reviews saying that having more exhaust fans are better than all intake. Though cooling down process takes longer, but running it at full load will have a better heat management. I hope you got what I meant. :) Also, don't forget the rear fan bro if there are still none installed.

I have a bottom fan (floor), it is VERY VERY load. haha

Solution

thecrespow

Honorable
Dec 24, 2013

Thank you! The rear fan is included, yes. I would like you to answer to two questions if you do not mind. Is the bottom fan very important or if I can't take it doesn't matter? What does it really do? I do not want to look very silly but maybe I am haha. The second is if you know where do the included fans in the case plug, in the motherboard or in the PSU.

Blaise170

Honorable

It is not necessary. It is used as an intake. I went without one for several months before I got an extra fan to place down there.

thecrespow

Honorable
Dec 24, 2013

Did you realise a big difference of temperature?

thecrespow

Honorable
Dec 24, 2013

Knowing this I know what Im going to do with the case, but my mobo has three 4 pin connectors and the fans have 3 pin connectors... Now what?

thecrespow

Honorable
Dec 24, 2013

You saved me. Thank you very much!

adimeister

Honorable
For me, the bottom fan gave me a little headroom for my GPU. I have a reference design 780, so it's a blower type. So I need so much cold air blowing towards the GPU. The bottom fan is directly below the fan of my GPU, so it helps a lot. :) My 780 at stock never exceeds 65C at 1007mhz. The AF fans are 3pin fans, just plug it in your 3pin fan header on your mobo, it will run at full speed. If it's too noisy for you, plug it in the 4pin (using an adapter so that it changes its speed with regards to the heat).

thecrespow

Honorable
Dec 24, 2013
Finally Im going to buy 4 Cougar Vortex CF V12H and a plug to duplicate a 4 pin conector and that way I will be able to put one in the bottom too :) Ill send photos when everything is ok