Question Fan too fast, upon booting?

CopywriterAlan

Reputable
Mar 17, 2015
Problem: During boot-up I get a "Fan speed error" message", and didn't notice at first because I was looking at the CPU case and wondering why it was so loud?

Hi, I have a gaming rig that was built by the shop (PC Image in Malaysia) from various components. (Last time I built a PC it was Windows 3.1 and too many things have changed now, so I let the shop do it!)

I've had this PC about a year, but hardly ever use it. Invariably I find I'm on my old Win 7 machine, so this machine is low-use, effectively brand new, it's not full of dust or anything but well out of the silly 3 month warranty.

Details: Oh God I hate Windows 10 so much, can't copy the details. Forgive any typos:

Actually it doesn't really give any details, just the CPU:
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 6-core 3.4 Gz
16GB of RAM
And "Computer Name" of DESKTOP QO6P7D8. Dunno if that's the motherboard name?

I'd guess the machine has been run for about 50 hours maybe? So far without problem but this morning it stalled during boot, with a 'Fan speed error' message and the option to press F11 or something to run setup. I did that but no real clue what I was doing.

I don't even know what fan is meant to be the problem? I tried finding the CPU fan but the only option was to turn off monitoring, so not really helpful.

I'll try rebooting and taking a photo as it boots up...

Lutfij

Titan
No, that isn't the motherboard's name.

You should list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

If you've only been allotted 3 months as warranty for that build, you're in serious trouble(t be honest).

Can you get into BIOS and see which version of the BIOS you're currently on?

CopywriterAlan

Reputable
Mar 17, 2015
Well it's just a shop selling parts, so I asked them to help me select what I needed for gaming and then to build it.

I tried rebooting and hitting F11, and then also F12, to try to get into the bios but it just booted up anyway.

And this time it booted perfectly normal, without the loud fan.

I do actually have all the boxes of the components, but in my attic, which doesn't have a proper ladder and I'm semi-chair ridden at present as I had a knee replaced (titanium!) 6 days ago, so climbing up into the attic isn't an option.

Please don't delete this thread but I'm going to ignore this weird behavior for now, and will return if it happens again. Right now it seems a one-off and has healed itself with a simple reboot.

I also need to find which key is the Bios key!

Sorry for being such a helpless puppy... *grin