Question Fan Upgrade Question

Imozeb

Reputable
Apr 30, 2020
I’m looking to upgrade the four stock fans in my Thermaltake V200 case with argb high cfm fans. The current fans only have a max rpm of 1000 and don’t list CFM or static pressure. I removed the front plastic from my case so the front intake fans are unobstructed, but it still gets kind of hot in my case due to the low rpm fans.

I was considering buying these, since they’re not too expensive and have a high cfm: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B097SZC8QV/

Do they look good or should I go with something else since these are not brand name and they may lie about the cfm?

Lutfij

Titan
I removed the front plastic from my case so the front intake fans are unobstructed, but it still gets kind of hot in my case due to the low rpm fans.
What plastic? You mean the front acrylic panel in front of the RGB fans?

The fans should work though I think you're in need of a chassis that has better airflow(both intake and exhaust).

Mind sharing the specs to your build like so;
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
and the temps you're seeing for said build while idling and under load?

Imozeb

Reputable
Apr 30, 2020
I removed the front plastic from my case so the front intake fans are unobstructed, but it still gets kind of hot in my case due to the low rpm fans.
What plastic? You mean the front acrylic panel in front of the RGB fans?

The fans should work though I think you're in need of a chassis that has better airflow(both intake and exhaust).

Mind sharing the specs to your build like so;
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
and the temps you're seeing for said build while idling and under load?

Case: Thermaltake V200 (front acrylic removed)

Fans: Stock 1000rpm (3 intake on front, one exhaust in back)

Radiator: NZXT Kraken X53 (240mm)

CPU: Intel I9 10900KF

GPU: EVGA 3080 FTW3

RAM: 32GB Gskill Ripjaws V 3200Mhz (2x 16GB)

SSD: 2x M2 Samsung 980EVO 1TB and 1x 250GB Sata SSD

Motherboard: GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE

PSU: NZXT 850W 80+Gold

Monitor: 4k 144Hz

I’ll have to get the thermal load when I get home from work, but depending on what I’m doing the CPU typically stays cool, but the GPU VRAM can get up to 94C. If I put my hand behind the intake fans, I don’t feel much airflow.

Run HWmonitor to verify that the front intakes are, indeed, running at 1000 rpm.
Is the rear exhaust running at max speed?
The top radiator will tend to suck up the front intake air before it can cool the motherboard and graphics card.
To get more motherboard/gpu airflow:

You can reduce the speed of the radiator fans.
Increase the speed of the rear exhaust.
Install a slot cooler below the graphics card

TRENDING THREADS