Zephyr7117

Prominent
Jun 15, 2017
First off, my specs;

Intel core i7 6700k
GeForce GTX 1070
MSI Z170A
Windows 10

I have not overclocked any components or run extensive benckmarks or stress tests

Ever since I bought my computer my fans have been acting odd, the CPU fan is always on but the case fans are never on, and the gpu fans turn on and off at random. at one point, my CPU reached 90c so I shut it off. Strangely though the temps seem normal right now even through HWmonitor shows my gpu fan at 0 rpm, this is a screenshot after running Destiny 2 for about 10 minutes (the 127c temp is false, turns out its a bug)
5RcpiBp.png

occasionally the gpu fans will turn on but not for long, despite this the gpu temps stay normal, maxing at 66. is this normal for gpu fans to turn on and off or no?

my case fans also turn on and off randomly and one of them is almost always off, the front one. it seems like the temps are normal but I'm worried they will spike again and damage some of my components.

Thanks!

Zephyr7117

Prominent
Jun 15, 2017
also, I didn't know where to put this since there doesn't seem to be a fans section but since I suspect the problem to be the mobo I thought it'd be relevant

JalYt_Justin

Reputable
Jun 12, 2017
The case fans not working can probably be fixed in your BIOS. There should be an option to control your CPU fan and the chassis fans.

Also, most modern GPUs won't even turn on the fan until a certain threshold (I believe 60C is the starting point for most). As long as the fans turn on while under load, then it should be fine.

Zephyr7117

Prominent
Jun 15, 2017
(hopefully these image tags work)

okay I checked the BIOS and this is what it showed for the CPU fan, both CPU 1 and 2. that looks like a normal curve to me so i'm not sure why it would be overheating
Z2JYdXh.png

And this is what it showed for system fans, all 3 looked like this. it doesnt look right, could that be why the case fans aren't running as they should be?
qZVfccY.png