G

I have a rather perplexing problem. I have an ASUS A7M mobo with a 1.33 GHz Athlon cpu in it. I have 3 fans, the power supply box fan ( not on asus probe) , power fan, chassis fan, and cpu fan. According to the ASUS pc probe, it says that the power fan is not spinning. I can plainly see that it is, as fast as the others. Weird..any answers?
Also, I average about a 42-45 c temp on the cpu when idle, is that alot? I use a swiftech mc-370 fan with arctic silver2.

G

Your temps are fine.
As long as you can see (and hear) the fan running, you got no worries.

<font color=blue>Your Mouse moved. WINDOWS NT must restart for changes to take effect. Restart Now? [OK]</font color=blue>

Arrow

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Also seems fine to me.

Rob
Please visit <b><A HREF="http://www.ncix.com/canada/index.cfm?affiliateid=319048" target="_new">http://www.ncix.com/canada/index.cfm?affiliateid=319048</A></b>

FatBurger

Illustrious
Yeah, maybe your fan is plugged into the wrong slot? I did that at first with my Abit KT7a-RAID. I plugged the CPU fan into the "other" fan header. It showed up in the wrong place in the BIOS, but an easy fix.

------------------------------
Apple? Macintosh? What are these strange words you speak?

G

I got a scare with that Asus PC Probe which seemed to be designed for the days of the Pentium and the corresponding chipsets. My new Athlon Model 4 1.2 GHz had no fans running even though they showed up in the CMOS and an idle temp. about 45C and never got any higher than 70C when doing something. Of course, as you can see by the PC probe the CPU fan speeds are around 2000RPM and my minimum speed is about 6800RPM. Just out of date software I guess. Putting a 2000RPM fan on an Athlon is a quick way to throw away money. 95C seems to be the concensus for the fry temp of the 1.2Gb I have, not 100C that PC probe says. The software works fine with the PII and PIII machines that I have with older boards. I think Tom's site still might have an article on the best heat sinks to get for the Athlon