Question Fans and lights working, but pc doesn't boot

duck-

Honorable
Dec 9, 2014
Hi all. I'm not sure if this is the right subforum to ask, but I'd hope for assistance with troubleshooting my problem.

My pc is unable to boot at the moment. The fans and lights are running, but the pc is mostly unable to reach the windows screen. My monitor says that there's no signal. I noticed that when this scenario happens, this fan isn't spinning.

c20CLh7_d.jpg

Sometimes though, this fan does spin and I manage to get to the windows screen. I'm able to browse as per normal, but sometimes the pc will just freeze despite the fans and lights all still running.

Here's some of the specs of my pc. I got it from aftershock.

SKYLAKE Desktop Motherboard : ASRock H170M Pro 4 (No SLi Support)
SKYLAKE DESKTOP CPU : Intel Core i5-6500 3.20GHz Processor
Thermal Compound : IC Diamond Thermal Compound CPU (Free Lifetime Thermal Compound Re-pasting)
CPU Cooling System (Desktop) : Standard Stock Fan Cooling (CPU)
GRAPHICS CARD (DESKTOP) : NVIDIA Geforce GTX 970 4GB GDDR5
Random Access Memory (RAM) (Desktop) : 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz (8GB x 1)

Thanks!

Lutfij

Titan
We're going to need more information. Can you take the side panels off and see what the make and model of your PSU is? Also, judging from the dust in your case, the PSU basement might be all clogged up. It's with this in mind, I'd like to ask how old the system and/or the PSU is?

duck-

Honorable
Dec 9, 2014
We're going to need more information. Can you take the side panels off and see what the make and model of your PSU is? Also, judging from the dust in your case, the PSU basement might be all clogged up. It's with this in mind, I'd like to ask how old the system and/or the PSU is?

Sorry for late replies, was out of town last week.

I bought this pc in Jan 2016.

My psu is aurum s 600w

Unfortunately, I don't have any spare parts anymore after I shifted house. Else I can switch psus etc to try troubleshoot. That's why I'm hoping if anyone can point out a likely issue before I buy replacements.

Or do you advise that I just send it to a repair shop

Last edited: