Fans and lights working, no video output!

Apr 27, 2018
So, I built this PC a few years ago. A few days ago, I went on a trip for 3 days. When I returned, my PC would boot up (all the fans would spin, hard drive audibly started up), but no video output. Additionally, the GPU and power button LED's would not turn on, but the GPU fans would spin.

What I've tried so far:

• Removing the GPU and using integrated graphics.
    Removing and replacing RAM one by one.
    Remounting the CPU and heat sink.
    Checking all cables and connections.
    Unplugged and held the power button to expel residual power.
    Changing GPU PCI-E slot.
    Removing extra peripherals from MOBO.

When all of the above failed, I took it to Best Buy Geek Squad, who told me it was either my CPU or MOBO. I replaced them both, as well as upgrading to DDR4 RAM.

• New MOBO: Gigabyte GA-AB350
    New CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600
    New Ram: Corsair 3000 mhz 16GB (2 x 8GB)

Now, after replacement, the power button and GPU lights stay lit, and all fans and lights power on, but still no video output. Tried all of the aforementioned fixes again, no dice. Very grateful for any ideas.

*NOTE* I do NOT have a case speaker.

Specs
Mobo: MSI B85-G41 PC Mate
CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K
GPU: GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280 3GB
PSU: CORSAIR CX-M series CX600M (600w)
RAM: G.SKILL Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB)

k19_window_maker

Upstanding
Mar 2, 2018

apparently new motherboards don't beep but check your ram see if it's clicked in completely

Apr 27, 2018

I haven't tried dual channel yet, I suppose it's worth a shot but I can't imagine that being it...

k19_window_maker

Upstanding
Mar 2, 2018

i mean my z270 msi motherboard is like that , only some specific dimm slots work for single channel ..

Bob125484

Honorable
Jun 13, 2015

Ryzen will work with only one DDR4 module. My son's friend used only 1 RAM module for his system.

Apr 27, 2018

Wonderful, thank you for that. I'm trying to figure out what the issue could be, not just in the current system, but as it was before I replaced the MOBO and CPU. Could it be the PSU, despite the fans and lights coming on?