Fans and Rad Configuration Help Needed!

mayan50

Distinguished
May 4, 2009
Can someone help me on my fans and rad configuration, pretty please?

I have a brand new build, haven't even powered it up yet.

1950x on Zenith Extreme

128gb GSkill Ram

Only a single EVGA GTX1050 (I'm not a gamer, this is for heavy statistical analysis work)

Case is a MeanIT 4pm Cube case

So here we go (and I realize I'm going overboard on the fans)...

I've mounted the Enermax Liqtech TR4 240 on the front of the case behind 2 TT Riing Plus 12 RGB, 120mm fans (intake). And these sit beside 2 more of these fans).

I have 4 more TT Riing Plus fans mounted on the top of the case as exhaust

And 1 120mm fan at the back as exhaust (at present this is plugged into CHA_FAN1 due to proximity)

Questions:

1. Should the Enermax be plugged into CPU_FAN header?

2. Where should the 2 associated fans be plugged (I was thinking merging them with a splitter into CPU_OPT, but the manual suggests H_AMP_PUMP should be involved.

3. I am planning to use the EXT_FAN controller, which fans should these drive.

4. I'd really prefer to keep them all running off of the mobo, it not only for Aura control.

Thoughts? Thanks much!!!!

Solution
You can never go overboard with cooling, as far as plugging everything in, all of the fans (and radiator) should be going to a CPU fan header, the radiator, either attached to the block or the radiator itself should have spots for you to plug the fans into it, and then there should be a connector going from the block to the CPU fan header. As for the rest of your fans plug them into the nearest fan header on the motherboard, although with the number that you have you'll probably have to put some of them on splitters, which isn't a bad thing at all.

Nick501

Commendable
Sep 23, 2016
You can never go overboard with cooling, as far as plugging everything in, all of the fans (and radiator) should be going to a CPU fan header, the radiator, either attached to the block or the radiator itself should have spots for you to plug the fans into it, and then there should be a connector going from the block to the CPU fan header. As for the rest of your fans plug them into the nearest fan header on the motherboard, although with the number that you have you'll probably have to put some of them on splitters, which isn't a bad thing at all.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS