Question Fans are not all spinning

Jun 21, 2024
I have this Case: Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo Premium Tempered Glass Tower Case (White). Are the 6 fans supposed to be spinning all the time ? Right now 3 are not and the computer works fine but if it gets a very high load, is shutting down blue screen and restarting ? I am hearing that the fans should be spinning all the time. Can someone confirm this ?
keep in mind the computer is working fine otherwise, only in these very extreme loads

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

Include pictures of how the fans are hooked up in your system, hosting the images on Imgur or their ilk and then passing on a link for us to see in this thread.

Jun 21, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

Include pictures of how the fans are hooked up in your system, hosting the images on Imgur or their ilk and then passing on a link for us to see in this thread.
My Computer is 2 years old. I have a couple pics but I don't see option to insert image. I only see link option

Motherboard: ASUS Prime Z690-P WiFI D4 Intel LGA 1700 Gaming Motherboard

CPU: Intel Core i9 12900K 16 Cores Desktop Processor
CPU Cooler: ID Cooling 360mm AIO RGB CPU Liquid Cooler (White)
Graphics Card: MSI RTX 3090 Ti Gaming X Trio 24GB 4K Gaming GPU
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNova 1000 Watts 80+ Gold Certified Modular Power Supply
RAM (Memory): Oloy 64GB (2x32) 3600MHz DDR4 Desktop Gaming Memory
SSD: Samsung 980 1TB NVME PCI-Express Internal SSD
Case: Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo Premium Tempered Glass Tower Case (White)
Fans: High Performance Low Noise RGB Case Fans (White)

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
My Computer is 2 years old. I have a couple pics but I don't see option to insert image. I only see link option

Motherboard: ASUS Prime Z690-P WiFI D4 Intel LGA 1700 Gaming Motherboard

CPU: Intel Core i9 12900K 16 Cores Desktop Processor
CPU Cooler: ID Cooling 360mm AIO RGB CPU Liquid Cooler (White)
Graphics Card: MSI RTX 3090 Ti Gaming X Trio 24GB 4K Gaming GPU
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNova 1000 Watts 80+ Gold Certified Modular Power Supply
RAM (Memory): Oloy 64GB (2x32) 3600MHz DDR4 Desktop Gaming Memory
SSD: Samsung 980 1TB NVME PCI-Express Internal SSD
Upload your picks here then post a link.

And no your computer is not working fine if it's blue screening or rebooting.
All your fans should be spinning unless something came loose or broke.

Jun 21, 2024
keep in mind thought that even the blue screen never happens under most conditions. It seems to only happen some times when there is heavy load high heat on the Computer, which is why I think the Fans are an issue
I also do a lot of photo editing, which takes up a lot of memory but never any blu screen. I know converting upscaling high resolution video puts major stress on the computer and cranks up the heat too

what fans are you using, just those included with the case?

6 fans supposed to be spinning all the time ? Right now 3 are not
how are they connected;
case fan hub,
motherboard headers?

have you run the hub to a motherboard header
and is it's power cable connected?

what sort of fan control are you using;
BIOS,
motherboard control software,
3rd party control software, etc..?

Jun 21, 2024
what fans are you using, just those included with the case?

how are they connected;
case fan hub,
motherboard headers?

have you run the hub to a motherboard header
and is it's power cable connected?

what sort of fan control are you using;
BIOS,
motherboard control software,
3rd party control software, etc..?
Hi. Not sure I know all those answers. I know there are 6 120mm fans in there; yes came with the computer. There are 3 vertical when you look into the case and 3 floor level horizontal

here are the pics. This was not happening before which is why I think it is related to the fans not spinning.

View: https://imgur.com/a/ESMW1No

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Hi. Not sure I know all those answers. I know there are 6 120mm fans in there; yes came with the computer. There are 3 vertical when you look into the case and 3 floor level horizontal

here are the pics. This was not happening before which is why I think it is related to the fans not spinning.

View: https://imgur.com/a/ESMW1No
If you don't know how the fans are connected it's hard to help since we can't see in any of the picks how it's connected. You got the remember were not at your house looking at it.

Reactions: JohnBonhamsGhost
Jun 21, 2024
what is everyone opinion on me trying a product like this: external cooling fan for pc to see if I still get that problem when doing high load video converting ?
any recommendations on which external fan to get ?

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
what is everyone opinion on me trying a product like this: external cooling fan for pc to see if I still get that problem when doing high load video converting ?
any recommendations on which external fan to get ?
Sorry but I'm not sure we can help you since your not willing to help us help you.
All the information we ask for is for a specific reason.

If you just don't know how to do things it's probably best to take it to a local PC shop.

EDIT For a fan if you remove the side panel that shows the inside of the PC any box fan would work but that is not a fix and would just make it very dusty.

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnBonhamsGhost
opinion on me trying a product like this: external cooling fan for pc
besides the noise from an external fan, i wouldn't want it sitting there on my desk.

i also wouldn't want it blowing dust, hair and other debris all over and into my components.
this could cause some serious issue with debris "clogging" every nook & cranny of everything and every space inside the case.

Last edited: